• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Case For $3,000 Gold
1 1

353 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2024 at 11:37 PM, zadok said:

...gold prices follow uncertainty, watch as november approaches....

Excellent point.  But gauging politics and elections is an impossibility, that's why with stocks or gold you focus on the fundies. (thumbsu

Gold up another $18 today...ATH....$3,000 by 2030 is looking conservative (esp. if JD Vance's dollar devaluation views take hold).

On 7/15/2024 at 10:37 PM, zadok said:

watch as november approaches....

“Winter is coming.”

image.png.5d7ea7f5a6b66f8838351934069268a0.png

Edited by VKurtB

Posted (edited)

Ray Dalio of Bridgewater talking bullishly on gold Tuesday on CNBC.  Says CB's and many wealthy are underweight.

Said something brilliant.....gold is the only asset that isn't somebody else's liability. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 7/17/2024 at 2:54 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Ray Dalio of Bridgewater talking bullishly on gold Tuesday on CNBC.  Says CB's and many wealthy are underweight.

Said something brilliant.....gold is the only asset that isn't somebody else's liability. (thumbsu

Is it too early for a joke?  Good...

Q.A.:  "Say, Ray Dalio!  I had no idea he was still at  Bridgewater State!"

🐓  :  "Not the school! The Massachusetts State Hospital for the Criminally Insane."

Q.A.:  Well, the Boston Strangler is long gone and Ray was always good with figures, prognostications and a sense of humor!  Maybe he finally got out and got a place of his own.  I tell you, Ray was one of a kind!

🐦  : Yeah, like me!

Good morning, all!  A day without Quintus and his entourage is like a day without sunshine!  :roflmao: :makepoint:  :facepalm:

All who agree, chirp Aye!  🤣

Edited by Henri Charriere
Add word.

Posted (edited)

$2,485...up another $18......again....this is a MULTI-YEAR supply/demand imbalance not unlike what we saw in the early-1970's or the early-2000's.  :)

This up-move has YEARS to run. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 7/17/2024 at 10:14 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

$2,485...up another $18......again....this is a MULTI-YEAR supply/demand imbalance not unlike what we saw in the early-1970's or the early-2000's.  :)

This up-move has YEARS to run. (thumbsu

I hope achieving -- and exceeding that strong psychogically important level, it becomes the new resistance level.  (Silver is well over $30., or was.)

It's beginning to look like there was substance to your forecast!  (thumbsu

On the other hand, collectors of F20FrcGR -- especially those on the respective Set Registries, have an arduous task set before them.  Prices remain high and the pickings continue to be slim.  I would imagine the same is true for S-G Double-Eagle collectors where supply, though "available" is running higher.

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die polishing

On 7/17/2024 at 2:11 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I hope achieving -- and exceeding that strong psychogically important level, it becomes the new resistance level.  (Silver is well over $30., or was.)

It's beginning to look like there was substance to your forecast!  (thumbsu On the other hand, collectors of F20FrcGR -- especially those on the respective Set Registries, have an arduous task set before them.  Prices remain high and the pickings continue to be slim.  I would imaginebthe same is true for S-G Double-Eagle collectors where supply, though "available" are running higher.

It was only last year that we didn't know if $2,000 was a peak as we sliced through it to the downside last October.  But we retook that resistance...turned it into support.....and then the fundamentals took over. :)

Those of you buying gold coins or putting together registry sets where gold represents a big portion of the coin's cost (i.e., French Roosters or many Saints but not an MCMVII High Relief) would do well to be aware:   if your buying will take place over many future years... you will almost certainly be buying into a rising price environment.

On 7/17/2024 at 3:06 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

....  if your buying will take place over many future years... you will almost certainly be buying into a rising price environment.

I was hoping rising prices would lead to profit-taking.  My one and only collection is complete.  If an upgrade develops, great.  If not, so be it.  (shrug)

On 7/17/2024 at 3:31 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I was hoping rising prices would lead to profit-taking.  My one and only collection is complete.  If an upgrade develops, great.  If not, so be it.  (shrug)

Retail may well be sellers here, but SWFs/CBs/The Rich are all buying.  These folks buy TONS of gold !! :o

On 7/31/2024 at 3:38 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Knocking on $2,500....(thumbsu

(I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR REFRESHING THIS TOPIC WITH LATE-BREAKING NEWS.)

I AM SURE THIS MUST HAVE SOME EFFECT ON MEXICAN CENTANARIOS (which weigh 1.2 ozs.) AND DOUBLE EAGLES, BUT THUS FAR, WHILE GOLD ROOSTERS ARE UP,  I DON'T NOTICE IT AS MUCH BECAUSE MY COLLECTION AS I ENVISANGED IT, IS COMPLETE.  I DO FEEL BAD FOR THOSE WHO JUMPED IN LATE BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS PAYING SOME OF THE PRICES I HAVE SEEN IS AGAINST MY RELIGION.  🤣

On 7/31/2024 at 7:06 PM, Henri Charriere said:

(I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR REFRESHING THIS TOPIC WITH LATE-BREAKING NEWS.) I AM SURE THIS MUST HAVE SOME EFFECT ON MEXICAN CENTANARIOS (which weigh 1.2 ozs.) AND DOUBLE EAGLES, BUT THUS FAR, WHILE GOLD ROOSTERS ARE UP,  I DON'T NOTICE IT AS MUCH BECAUSE MY COLLECTION AS I ENVISANGED IT, IS COMPLETE.  I DO FEEL BAD FOR THOSE WHO JUMPED IN LATE BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS PAYING SOME OF THE PRICES I HAVE SEEN IS AGAINST MY RELIGION.  🤣

Roosters which trade as bullion should be moving up.

Roosters with modest (10-50%) numismatic premiums should move up a bit less on a percentage basis.

High-grade Roosters or unique ones that trade at multiples of gold might be flat or up slightly.

On 8/5/2024 at 9:57 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Gold down 1.5%.....Silver down 4%....BitCoin down 8%. :o

Things will be weird for a few months now.

On 8/5/2024 at 10:16 PM, VKurtB said:

Things will be weird for a few months now.

Maybe from the election, but not from this Nikkei-induced hiccup.   A few days, tops.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:17 AM, Zebo said:

Should hit it as the interest rate is cut, maybe before.

Good call, Zebo !!  (thumbsu

$2,547 up $55 on the December futures contract today.  BIG move !! :o

BitCoin all over the place....with seizures and dumpings of the confiscated booty, it's a new risk.  Right now, Germany has about $3 BB in ill-gotten BitCoin and has been selling it off in pieces.  Apparently, the pieces haven't been small enough.......Bitcoin and crypto have been slammed last week or so. :|

Bitcoin may or may not be a good investment, store of value, or NASDAQ proxy.  But it's not doing what a currency does or even what gold is doing.

On 9/12/2024 at 8:56 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Knocking on $2,600.....:)

750am  central    Kitco $2572.10   silver 30.13 but who is counting:baiting: