• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927D $20 gold

5 posts in this topic

Found 

Don't say it is not a Dahlonega. It was sold as a 1927.  Both grading companies have flaws. I have skills and the law if it comes down to it.  Grader opinions will be the downfall of both companies.  All I care about is the truth. The facts are the markers I use to identify coins.  The next month or so will be interesting.

Screenshot_20221116-103658_eBay.jpg

No problem it wasn't a Dahlonega it was a San Francisco mint but while your here. Ngc photos show markers and San Francisco mint mark. Label is correct  WHY does ngc registry have it as a Philadelphia? Thank you for any help 

20221015_132945.jpg

20220819_075021.jpg

In case anyone reading this doesn't already know it, a 1927 St. Gaudens double eagle can't have been minted in Dahlonega, as that mint last produced coins in 1861!  The "D" mint mark has been used to identify coins struck in Denver since 1906.

The original poster has repeatedly insisted that he has an 1870-S Seated dollar that has no legible mint mark. He now claims to have a 1927-D double eagle that has no legible mint mark either but insists that these coins are what he purports them to be because of "die markers" he purports to show in blurry photos in the case of the dollar while citing no numismatic reference (book, other publication, or website) depicting or describing these markers.  The mint marks are clear on all known examples of these rare coins, as can be seen in the photos on the NGC Coin Explorer, PCGS Coinfacts, and the catalogs and archives of numismatic auction houses

On 11/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, Sandon said:

In case anyone reading this doesn't already know it, a 1927 St. Gaudens double eagle can't have been minted in Dahlonega, as that mint last produced coins in 1861!  The "D" mint mark has been used to identify coins struck in Denver since 1906.  The original poster has repeatedly insisted that he has an 1870-S Seated dollar that has no legible mint mark. He now claims to have a 1927-D double eagle that has no legible mint mark either but insists that these coins are what he purports them to be because of "die markers" he purports to show in blurry photos in the case of the dollar while citing no numismatic reference (book, other publication, or website) depicting or describing these markers.  The mint marks are clear on all known examples of these rare coins, as can be seen in the photos on the NGC Coin Explorer, PCGS Coinfacts, and the catalogs and archives of numismatic auction houses

He'll either submit it to NGC or PCGS...or he can sell the 1927-D for $2,000,000 and show us the receipt. (thumbsu

Derek, I need better photos because Liberty looks like she is either wearing a mask or went 15 rounds with Muhammed Ali or Mike Tyson. xD I see lots of bagmarks or something on the right leg....the reflection of the photo light isn't telling me anything about the fields.  No reverse pic doesn't help, either.

And I see NO MINT mark which means if this is a legit coin it's a regular 1927 Saint.

Edited by GoldFinger1969