• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice NNP presentation on South Korean coins by one of our forum members.

15 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2022 at 10:14 AM, Zebo said:

Nicely done Mark.  

Thanks so much for the mention, and your kind words about the presentation.

I was surprised there were as many attendees as there were!  And I appreciated every one of them...  Although maybe you all could see who was there, I couldn't see who was there at all.  All I could see was myself and the announcer, and that's it.

As I write this, I am waiting for the 4:30 presentations on "Early Numismatic Photography," or the "Panic of 1893".  I don't know how to decide!  I guess I can catch either one when they upload them later...

Thanks again, Zebo. 

-Mark Lovmo

On 11/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, RWB said:

It was very informative and well organized.

I appreciate your kind assessment!

And I finally realized who you are!  I love your books, United States Pattern & Experimental Pieces of WW-II and From Mine to Mint, which I am currently reading along with Helen Wang et al's new book, Chinese Numismatics.

I am grateful for your attendance at my presentation...

Mark Lovmo

On 11/19/2022 at 2:02 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I was only able to catch the first 10 min so I'll be looking for this on the NNP when available, but I agree well done Mark! :golfclap:

Hey Mike!

No problem, of course.  I wonder when these NNP videos upload?  We might have to wait a few months, right?

Thanks so much for showing up, Mike.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:04 PM, mlovmo said:

I wonder when these NNP videos upload?  We might have to wait a few months, right?

They usually upload them pretty quickly, I think it only took a few weeks last time.

Thanks so much for showing up, Mike.

No problem. I had to go out on the shop floor and work on a project with the guys, thought that I'd be right back but nope. 

I wonder when these NNP videos upload? 

When you upload the video, make sure to check the "Free Popcorn" button, then watch your coffee cup holder!

On 11/19/2022 at 9:44 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Where can the videos be found when they do upload them.

They will be in the Newman Numismatic Portal (link later) and should be uploaded in about two weeks. If you did not see the three day schedule - there were many good presentations. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g2aY7wq33H9D97k4EnC5SkQaAxFLToeg/view?mc_cid=ac0551868f&mc_eid=1d138b131f

On 11/20/2022 at 6:26 AM, Zebo said:

They will be in the Newman Numismatic Portal (link later) and should be uploaded in about two weeks. If you did not see the three day schedule - there were many good presentations. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g2aY7wq33H9D97k4EnC5SkQaAxFLToeg/view?mc_cid=ac0551868f&mc_eid=1d138b131f

First time Ive ever heard of it. Thanks for sharing. Id like to watch some of those. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 11/20/2022 at 6:51 AM, Hoghead515 said:

First time Ive ever heard of it. Thanks for sharing. Id like to watch some of those. 

This is their (NNP) fifth iteration of seminars. A search for the older ones would be beneficial and I am sure that you’d be interested in many of them.

On 11/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, Zebo said:

This is their (NNP) fifth iteration of seminars. A search for the older ones would be beneficial and I am sure that you’d be interested in many of them.

I looked them up and watched a very cool video about die clashes on large cents. The guy done a great job. Very educational.