• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the dime worth grading 1996 W
2 2

37 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2022 at 9:20 PM, VKurtB said:

Ever get tempted to point one at an oncoming driver? 

All the time. You wouldnt believe the crazies we have to deal with on a daily basis. It will keep you on your toes. Constantly have people bout run over us. Espically flagging. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 11/20/2022 at 8:21 PM, Lem E said:

No idea. Way out of my league. 

I looked it up. Of the 19 known Sac/State Quarter mules, a guy named Tommy Bolack owns 16 of them. 

Which sac mule was it that the big contraversary is over? I remember people saying a mint employee made them on purpose but PCGS slabbed a couple. Im not sure if thats exactly how it went but I remember seeing something like that. 

On 11/20/2022 at 12:28 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Talking bout one of these aint ya? This is the one I own. They aint that rare. You Tube is a horrible place for information. Theres good info on there but tons of misinformation. You can get on Ebay and buy one graded cheaper than you can get one graded. This one is high grade and made the full torch designation. Got it around $40. When you submit a coin not only do they charge a grading fee they charge for shipping and insurance. Not counting shipping and insurance sending it there. It cost me around $75 to $100 to have a coin sent in and graded. Grading is really just for high dollar coins and bulk submitters. The reason you see coins graded and at a good price is because most of them are sent in bulk by dealers at a discount. They send in 100 or so coins. Compress_20221120_122745_5842.thumb.jpg.63e2952f5c600248f479b899ba0bf00b.jpg

Hog - I literally just got one of these in the mail to send to a coin buddy for Christmas - same grade and everything... I almost wanted to keep it, but that would not be very "Santa" of me, would it?  The W dime is a pretty and interesting coin for a reasonable price.

On 12/4/2022 at 8:06 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Hog - I literally just got one of these in the mail to send to a coin buddy for Christmas - same grade and everything... I almost wanted to keep it, but that would not be very "Santa" of me, would it?  The W dime is a pretty and interesting coin for a reasonable price.

I like mine very well. I thought my wife done great buying it. Was happy when I pulled it out of my stocking. 

Thats a VERY nice stocking stuffer! My wife got me a copy of "From Mine to Mint" by @RWB for my stocking.  I read a friend's copy, but I wanted my own copy (I like to flag pages and scribble notes in the margins of my study books)!

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist