• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double 1982 D Lincoln cent
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Welcome Coin3. Please let us know what you are looking for and try to clean up the picture with a reverse shot added also. thanks

On 11/15/2022 at 7:05 AM, Coins3 said:

20221112_084345.thumb.jpg.f6f7551a8a379b5a7712a351f1086e64.jpg

First welcome to the forum.  Your other photos are too blurry to see much, this one is decent (although it would be much easier for us to view if you had it oriented correctly) and from what I can see in this one photo there is no strike doubling on this coin.   I see a very slight bit of worthless strike doubling or die deterioration doubling on the date and mintmark; also, there is only one DDO for this date/mm and that is the doubled ear variety.   In the future I suggest that you consult the listings on Variety Vista  Link to VV, there you can see all the known DDO and DDR's for many series.   Looking there first will save you alot of time looking for things that don't exist.

That has interest. 1982 cents come as copper or zinc/copper with both P and D mint marks, and large and small 2s. That makes eight varieties, except that the small 2 Denver will not show up often (ever in reality). A good spot to learn subtleties.

There is an S proof, too.

Which one is yours? A) large date copper B) large date zinc or C) small date zinc?

Reference pics pop up with a search. Are you up to a probe for more info? I hope so.

Pimping (coins) ain’t easy. 

That looks like a large date with the size of the 98 vs the 1 & 2 as well as the shape of the 8 and 2, and from the title it looks like the op may be thinking they found one doubled while looking for the unicorn.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 11/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, Coins3 said:

Well you answered my question! No problem. It's copper. Yes

It LOOKS copper, but it may not be. Try a scale. 

@Coins3I assumed you knew it wasn't the astronomically rare multi-colored unicorn 1982-D small date copper cent from the title where you seemed to be asking about doubling.  See the attached to help with the search if that's what you were asking about.

1982 Lincoln Cent.jpg