• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 D Nina Otero-warren found in bank roll

27 posts in this topic

I thought this one was completely "as struck" until I checked the specimens of this quarter in one of my own 2022 mint sets and realized that the name "NINA OTERO-WARREN" is incuse (struck into instead of above the field), so scratches and nicks in the field wouldn't go through the lettering. It still appears that there are raised lumps in and around the "O" and below the peak of the "W", which could be die chips or roughness from improper die preparation.  This would constitute a minor mint error.  (I don't think it would have anything to do with the feeder fingers.)

On 11/14/2022 at 9:33 AM, Mrph12 said:

2022 D Nina Otero-Warren Not sure what happened here? Finger Feeder would be my guest.

Sun Nov 13 20-19-31.jpg

Sun Nov 13 19-12-22.jpg

NO 1.jpg

NO 2.jpg

Interesting. Anything ELSE noteworthy?

I don't really like the term "feeder finger", which gives a visualization of something grabbing the surface of coins when being struck. It really is just a plate with cutouts to move a coin through by the edges, and I think would be more appropriately called a "feeder plate".

On 11/14/2022 at 11:09 AM, VKurtB said:

Interesting. Anything ELSE noteworthy?

MAN she is already CAC certified!!  wowo now that is service they re starting to CAC them right off of the presses!!!  hahahahhahahahahah

On 11/14/2022 at 12:14 PM, RWB said:

RE: "Nina Otero-warren found in bank roll"

Honestly, I thought she was taller....

… or in a spring roll?

On 11/14/2022 at 11:00 AM, Sandon said:

I thought this one was completely "as struck" until I checked the specimens of this quarter in one of my own 2022 mint sets and realized that the name "NINA OTERO-WARREN" is incuse

Hence the reason I don't get into the newer quarters!!! I cannot remember what is incuse and what is raised on all of this umpteen new quarter designs over the last decade or so...... Bring back RAISED DEVICES U.S. MINT!!!!!!!  I'm done venting now.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, GBrad said:

Hence the reason I don't get into the newer quarters!!! I cannot remember what is incuse and what is raised on all of this umpteen new quarter designs over the last decade or so...... Bring back RAISED DEVICES U.S. MINT!!!!!!!  I'm done venting now.

Just wait! One of next year’s is a real humdinger! 

On 11/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, VKurtB said:

Just wait! One of next year’s is a real humdinger! 

Great......🙄.  All the more reason for my distaste of newer quarters.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, RWB said:

Chomp.....

Yup. Been way too long since I had some really good spring rolls. Arab, Alabama is NOT a hotbed of ethnic cooking beyond Tex/Mex. 

@pigeonman333rd-- So far as I know, no recognized, responsible numismatic source has identified any 2022 quarter as "rare" or valuable.  "Couch collectables"--whatever that is--is not such a source.  There are a number of dishonest or ignorant hucksters on the internet who claim that "rare" coins can be found in pocket change, which is almost never true.  Even most legitimate mint errors aren't rare or valued by collectors.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, VKurtB said:

Yup. Been way too long since I had some really good spring rolls. Arab, Alabama is NOT a hotbed of ethnic cooking beyond Tex/Mex. 

I will be going through bama on Saturday 278 to 65 I don't have any spring rolles but I brought some Duck Sauce for my daughter in Tenn. lol

Edited by J P M

On 11/14/2022 at 5:06 PM, J P M said:

I will be going through bama on Saturday 278 to 65 I don't have any spring rolles but I brought some Duck Sauce for my daughter in Tenn. lol

You’ll pass just south of me. 

On 11/14/2022 at 6:09 PM, VKurtB said:

You’ll pass just south of me. 

Yes,we will , My daughter says duck sauce in the south is imposable to find. I would be willing to trade for some 90-94 Morgan's.  :roflmao:

On 11/14/2022 at 5:10 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

couch collectables does a good you tube video on what rare 2022 quarters to look for. I don't know if that helps any but I tried. 

CC is mostly just click-bait stuff, as is most YT stuff. Look for ANA eLearning vids which are actually usefull and presented by some of the top experts in the field.

And of course stick around here and post coins you find or have questions about and you will actually learn acurate and usefull information. If someone posts something inaccurate they will very likely get called on that.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, J P M said:

Yes,we will , My daughter says duck sauce in the south is imposable to find. I would be willing to trade for some 90-94 Morgan's.  :roflmao:

She’s not wrong about the duck sauce. Lots of hot sauces, but not duck. 

On 11/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, J P M said:

I will be going through bama on Saturday 278 to 65 I don't have any spring rolles but I brought some Duck Sauce for my daughter in Tenn. lol

Try this recipe brother half a pound of ground pork with half pound ground sausage stir fry it in a walk and chop it up with a walk spoon so it is separated like ground hamburger you would add to spagetti sauce. when its all cooked put it in a strainer to drain the grease. Put it back into the walk and add about four or five table spoons of fish sauce and put it on low and mix it up a bit with the walk spoon. add about one hand full shredded carrot add two handfuls of bean sprouts and add one to two handfuls of diced celery mix it all up put a lid on it and cook until the bean sproats almost wilt then shut it off. Next get out your pastery wraps that you can get at a korean or chinese grocery store if you ask for pastery wraps they are thinner then egg roll wrappers commonly called lumpia wrappers. next put about a table spoon and a half of corn starch in a bowl with just enough water to make a paste. take out one wrapper from the packedge and use the paste on one corner and two sides of the wrapper just spread it along the edges not thick just a thin light coat of highly watered down paste not thick like tooth paste a little watery is good. Next place about a table spoon and a half of your meat and veggie in the middle of the wrap and tuck the non pasty corner into the middle overlapping the meat then seal the roll by placing the pasty side down on the roll sealing it and wrapping the roll. You would follow the same instructions until you wrap all the veggies and meat. Place all your wrapped rolls on a dry plate with a little flower on the bottom of the plate to prevent them from sticking while your wrapping the rest of them. Next clean your walk and fill the walk half way full with peanut oil only peanut oil gets hot enough to cook these right so be mindful other oil effects the taste of the final product. Get the oil nice and hot its hot enough when you can see that oil start to smoke test the oil with a wooden bbq skewer if it bubbles its hot enough. Turn the fire down if it was on high to about medium heat. Next place your Lumpia in one at a time cook one side for about 15 seconds to a possible 30 seconds then turn it over for anothe 15 to thirty seconds or until golden brown. Get another plate and put a paper towel on it or a paper bag what ever you got to get the oil off your lumpia. Reapeat the process until all your lumpia are cooked. Now get a romaine letus pluck off a leaf and place one lumpia inside the leaf length wise. Next put some malt vinigar in a bowl just a little bit and put some soy sauce in the bowl with the vinigar enough to taste the salt but not to much but to your preference next add a little black sesame oil all to your taste I like alot some like a little. Next chop up a green onion and throw it in the bowl and stir it up. Take a bite of the lumpia rapped in letus and then pour a little bit of the sauce from the bowl  down the lumpia and then you eat it. Happy cooking I hope it comes out good for you.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, J P M said:

When you’re on US278 and you get to the four-way red blinking light at US231, give a wave to the right. I’m about 5 miles up there. 

On 11/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, VKurtB said:

NOT a hotbed of ethnic cooking beyond Tex/Mex. 

HAHAHHAHAH You know your in BAMA when on one corner is a church and the other is a Mexican joint!!!!  hahhaahahha

On 11/14/2022 at 9:22 PM, VKurtB said:

When you’re on US278 and you get to the four-way red blinking light at US231, give a wave to the right. I’m about 5 miles up there. 

I will do that VKurtB . Are there any coin shops worth stopping at in Bama ? 

On 11/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, J P M said:

I will do that VKurtB . Are there any coin shops worth stopping at in Bama ? 

My favorite one in Huntsville closed because the owner died suddenly. 

On 11/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, JT2 said:

HAHAHHAHAH You know your in BAMA when on one corner is a church and the other is a Mexican joint!!!!  hahhaahahha

1 BAPTIST church

1 Mexican food joint

1 Fuel station

1 Anything else