• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACG Document #5- The full decision by the ANA Board of Governors

4 posts in this topic

I find it amazing that a third party grading service can arbitrarily set their own grading standards.

I saw a complete set of Peace dollars advertised as brilliant uncirculated for sale at a ridiculously low price. Upon questioning, the dealer admitted that it was his own interpretation of BU when in reality they were merely cleaned, slider coins.

I wish that grading was more of a science than an art and, if blatantly, falsely advertised, then dealers should be open to litigation for fraud!

So if I am reading this right, this is the conclusion:

1. The ANA doesn't approve of ACG's grading and tactics, but they aren't really willing to do anything about it.

2. Suppler's e-mail would be fine if he wasn't a Board member, but since he is, then it violated the board code of ethics.

What does it say when the leadership sees a great wrong and does nothing? What does it say when the board admonishes one of its own for standing up and warning others of potential wrongdoing and danger? It says to me that the leadership of the ANA does not want to deal with the ACG issue and the do not want any of their leaders to deal with it either.

If I was a member of the ANA I would be ashamed, thankfully I am not a member, and at this point I doubt I ever will be. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif