• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is going on with the forum?

8 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2022 at 10:15 PM, Just Bob said:

I tried three times to respond to a thread, and my posts disappeared each time. What is up with that?

It’s a software glitch that seems to clear by logging out and then back in. 

Thank you. I will try that.

Apparently, it is random, because I typed and sent the above before I signed out, and it worked ok.

Edited by Just Bob

On 10/30/2022 at 10:19 PM, Just Bob said:

Thank you. I will try that.

Apparently, it is random, because I typed and sent the above before I signed out, and it worked ok.

It is QUITE random/unpredictable. I have found it happens to me more when I have two windows open to this site. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/30/2022 at 10:22 PM, VKurtB said:

It is QUITE random/unpredictable. I have found it happens to me more when I have two windows open to this site. 

It seems to happen to me after I have typed a lengthy response, and I have to decide whether or not I want to go to the trouble of doing it all over again. Usually, the answer is "no," and I just reply with a very brief and to the point post.

I had written extensively on this topic, and the Lords of Moderation have sat by and watched me laboriously peck out entire treatises and dissertations, and when it appears I am all said and done, they see to it that none of it ever sees the light of day. I accept that fate.  To me, it's the natural order or progression of things.  I never get into what's right or what's wrong. My mere presence today may constitute the grant of a great privilege tomorrow. At any rate, I sense I am not permitted to speak to others on such matters.

One thing I can weigh in on is jet lag. No, nothing to do with the imminent changeover to Daylight Savings Time.  I am talking about the slow speed limits with which the site is duty-bound to observe to avoid incurring prohibitively scheduled summonses.  How else to explain why the Board, of late, is sluggish and slow?

On 10/30/2022 at 10:58 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I had written extensively on this topic, and the Lords of Moderation have sat by and watched me laboriously peck out entire treatises and dissertations, and when it appears I am all said and done, they see to it that none of it ever sees the light of day. I accept that fate.  To me, it's the natural order or progression of things.  I never get into what's right or what's wrong. My mere presence today may constitute the grant of a great privilege tomorrow. At any rate, I sense I am not permitted to speak to others on such matters.

One thing I can weigh in on is jet lag. No, nothing to do with the imminent changeover to Daylight Savings Time.  I am talking about the slow speed limits with which the site is duty-bound to observe to avoid incurring prohibitively scheduled summonses.  How else to explain why the Board, of late, is sluggish and slow?

In my life, I have served on and/or chaired numerous Boards, and ALL of them have been sluggish and slow.