• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battlefield Coin Show Report for September 2022

3 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, michaeldixon said:

The Fall National Battlefield Coin Show™ was held September 8-10 with Thursday being dealer setup and early birds. Everything was selling, with bullion being a little soft. Foreign coins have really picked up over the last 2 years and were selling well. All the dealers I talked with said they had a "very good" to an "EXCEPTIONAL!" show. ANACS was accepting submissions and was the best day Geoff has had.

There were no security issues. The first day there was concern that a PCGS 1921 D Walker in F-12 had been stolen, but it showed up at the end of the show. Our show travels with the same security detail who are great guys.

Foreign Coin Dealer, Jim Hirtle is retiring. He informed me Friday morning this would be his last show. Jim is 87 and still going, but slowing down. Jim's smiling face will be missed.

It isn't easy to impress me with many coins now days. BUT...I was impressed with an NGC Proof 68 Cameo Morgan and 2 PCGS Morgan dollar patterns. One of the patterns was Red Brown and the other was DCAM.

My purchases were miniscule and not worth writing about. Overall, a very successful show.

If you came to the show, please post your experience.

...informative, short n succinct well written...perhaps u could add the location of the show n a contact number for those that mite want to do the show....

On 9/12/2022 at 2:53 PM, zadok said:

...informative, short n succinct well written...perhaps u could add the location of the show n a contact number for those that mite want to do the show....

The last time I went it was at the Eisenhower Hotel and Conference Center on Emmitsburg Pike in Gettysburg. Check coinzip.com (or Numismatic News) for contact information. 

Edited by VKurtB