• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm new here I have these coins to make sure it's worth it?

8 posts in this topic

Agree

The US coins are similar to what you would find in circulation.  Some are discolored and stained, which is environmental damage.  They are worth face value

I did not check the dates of the non-US coins, but they appear to be common circulation finds as well and likely only worth face value

Coin collecting can be a highly enjoyable pursuit, and we are happy to help you with your questions.  However, you have to have some knowledge about coins even to ask a question that we can answer in a way that you will fully understand.  To learn about U.S. coins, you should consider acquiring the books and trying out the websites suggested in the following thread that I began on this forum:

For foreign coins one resource is the online NGC "World Coin Price Guide". Click the "Resources" tab on the NGC home page, go to "Price Guides" and then click "World Coin Price Guide".  

All the coins pictured are common pocket change. They are worth face value. What makes the OP think they might have enhanced value?

On 9/1/2022 at 4:01 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Condition is critical.  This is especially so with modern, clad coinage.  As stated above, all of the coins presented are damaged and worth face value. 

One of the “rules” about coins is that the vast majority of what beginners believe is untrue. I have only run across that in two areas, and for different reasons. The first is numismatics, and that’s due to fundamental misunderstanding of what’s important by most beginners. The other is election administration, and that’s because the mainstream media lies about it daily.