• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offset Impression
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to determine where I should be looking to research more about errors like I have in the Penny below. I have a 1971D Lincoln cent, that is severely offset on its impression. Are these interesting to collect? Of any value whatsoever? Just curious to learn where and how to research search anomalies. 

B629E9F4-FA2D-4DFD-BC32-29C49C39B78C.thumb.jpeg.4632393b61b353552c7cb8affa46b120.jpeg3DA4D05E-4225-4E8C-9D15-3CD728453232.thumb.jpeg.96d9111802a81b01bd664f3076566cdd.jpeg

Edited by Raatzie99
Spacing

Thanks for the link! That is very helpful to me--just to start learning about them. I am a newbie, learning about if it would even be worth it to submit for grading and into the system.

I'm not really into coin errors even though I have a few I find interesting, mostly Morgans.

But if you are into errors and want a better idea on value this might help ...

51MKTSE34YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Don't quote me but I think there was a time long ago when the mint would give these out. So I was told. Then people started to collect them and that put a end to freebees 

On 8/29/2022 at 4:42 PM, J P M said:

Don't quote me but I think there was a time long ago when the mint would give these out. So I was told. Then people started to collect them and that put a end to freebees 

Har, I just quoted you so there is no going back now. :roflmao:

Edited by EagleRJO