• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I got another fine looking toned MS 66 coin for the registry set. I am real happy with this coin it is a very hard coin to find above MS 65 and even more so with FS. I think Lem has a MS 67. The cool part is this coin has the highest point so far in the set and I will never forget the deal I got on this coin.

( It is almost the same as the date )

1949 D+.jpg

1949 D Reverse.jpg

Edited by J P M

On 8/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, J P M said:

I will never forget the deal I got on this coin ... ( It is almost the same as the date )

Now that's a novel approach I have to try, offer the dealer a price equal to the coin date (just don't place the decimal point in the wrong spot). :grin:

[Although you prolly could have found one just as nice in that 1939-1959 1,000 nickel coin bag ... lol]

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/25/2022 at 4:40 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Nice JP. (thumbsu I betcha Lem paid close to the date as well. ;) @Lem ECongrats on the new additions to the set, looking good. :cool:

Thanks Mike and yea it was a good chunk for sure. I need JP to do my coin buying.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:22 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks Mike and yea it was a good chunk for sure. I need JP to do my coin buying.

Thanks guys I like my 66's. Your 67 set is just amazing Lem. the price jump from 66 to 67 is a hard pill for me to swallow,  Your right Lem a big chunk of change them 67's. I pick them up when they fall off the back of the truck. I get lucky once in a while.