• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
2 2

8 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2022 at 6:44 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Nice project and the coins look like proofs!

They are the best of the best coins I find when roll hunting. about two years or so worth.  I sort them in six big old pill bottles by date then when I have multiple dates and the bottles are full I sort them again. That way it only takes a day or so to fill the book with the nicest circulated MS looking coins when the time comes. There are a few that have a tint to them and they may tone up, or a gray look to them. Some have bag marks but mostly ok stuff. We all know coin collectors aren't to fussy :whistle:    

Edited by J P Mashoke

Searching for the lost nickels for the book I found this today. It is always a treat to find old FS,pre,1964 silver and proofs roll hunting.

S20220823_0001.jpg

S20220823_0002.jpg

Those pesky 2009-P/D nickels popping up missing again! :whatthe:

Sounds like you have a lot of fun going through coins/sets with the grandson.  Future collector?

On 8/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, EagleRJO said:

Those pesky 2009-P/D nickels popping up missing again! :whatthe:

Sounds like you have a lot of fun going through coins/sets with the grandson.  Future collector?

Ya he may end up a collector. It is too soon to tell . He just turned three LoL but he has been helping me from the beginning. Well his beginning . 

On 8/23/2022 at 7:07 PM, J P M said:

He just turned three LoL

Ah okay, yea at 3 it's still a little early to tell if he will end up a collector.  I will say I have really good memories (back in the grey matter ... lol) of going through common coins with my grandfather who collected pocket change coins ... nothing special, except the memories of doing that with him.  And then later with my mom who did some of that, but by that time I had "discovered" girls, so it was all over for coins. :roflmao:

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/23/2022 at 8:15 PM, EagleRJO said:

Ah okay, yea at 3 it's still a little early to tell if he will end up a collector.  I will say I have really good memories (back in the grey matter ... lol) of going through common coins with my grandfather who collected pocket change coins ... nothing special, except the memories of doing that with him.  And then later with my mom who did some of that, but by that time I had "discovered" girls, so it was all over for coins. :roflmao:

Yes. Girls do have a tendency to change everything. In my case it was for the better.