• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Bounty
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Very Nice @Mr.Bill347!  (I am not sure about the holder question.)

I was thinking you got the Ben with the scratch but you say it is on the holder ? 

On 8/15/2022 at 5:25 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I was thinking you got the Ben with the scratch but you say it is on the holder ? 

Yes it casts a shadow on the coin as in the picture. No scratch on the outside of the holder, your fingernail would detect that and would they have graded it a 64 with that as a coin scratch?

I’ll probably not do anything with it, but I did contact PCGS about it.

Nice! I like the overall toning of the Morgan.  The Ben looks familiar too, like one someone was asking about (maybe you?) with a 3rd pic of what looked like a different coin.  Did ya take the plunge and decide to get it in hand to see for yourself?

On 8/15/2022 at 6:51 PM, EagleRJO said:

Nice! I like the overall toning of the Morgan.  The Ben looks familiar too, like one someone was asking about (maybe you?) with a 3rd pic of what looked like a different coin.  Did ya take the plunge and decide to get it in hand to see for yourself?

Yep. Now I am convinced after putting it under thE microscope, that it is an internal scratch.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:07 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Yep. Now I am convinced after putting it under thE microscope, that it is an internal scratch.

That should be cause enough for them to correct the problem.