• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality of Proof Silver Eagles

4 posts in this topic

[I am going to respectfully yield to the experts on the Forum for a more coherent reply. I gave up on the Mint long ago. Everything looks computer-generated. I expect creativity and artistry. Maybe that's too much to expect. I hear you on this, Larry.]

I’m seeing nothing but really nice quality. But then again, I never expect them to be 70’s. That’s  just icing on the cake. 

Had the same experience with mint and proof sets from 2015-18. Was constantly returning them.  There always seemed to be 1 or 2 coins that had scratches, stains, or spots. One year I had 5 mint sets that had at least 1 bad coin.  I was able to combine them into 2 good sets and only had to return 3.  The worst is having to return the replacement sets for poor quality. 

I stopped ordering mint products in 2018.  Now I get them at shows, and surprise, most are usually cheaper if you wait a little while