• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there any way to list proof sets in Registry
1 1

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello, and thanks for your interest.

NGC Registry competitive sets are only for certified coins. Ungraded coins may only be entered into your inventory on the collectors-society.com website. You may then create Custom Sets for those raw coins, if you wish, on that website.

Here are some helpful links: 

https://boards.ngccoin.com/forum/51-ngc-registry-help-and-instructions/

Please let us know if you need further assistance at registry@NGCcoin.com. We are happy to help. Thank you.

However, it doesn't appear that your "raw" coins in a custom set can be seen by the public, only by you.  (I just tried to add a "raw" coin to my custom set, and I can only see it when I press the tab to "edit" the set or view the "collection manager".)  If there is any way I can publicly display an uncertified coin in a custom set, please let me know!

Thanks Sandon. I’ve been researching  the registry and found the Collectors-society. You have to be an NGC member but you can create custom sets of pretty much everything. I understand that eventually this will be merged into the NGC registry 

DD7D86A0-246F-4C95-95B8-8A96837C245C.jpeg

Thanks Bill. I have a custom set entitled "Characteristics of Cleaned Coins", as well as a number of competitive NGC registry sets that you might want to check out.  I construed Ali's answer to your inquiry to suggest that you can include an uncertified coin in a publicly viewable custom set.  I added an 1801 half dime that NGC wouldn't certify as having an "altered surface" in the custom set, but it doesn't show up in the publicly viewable version.