• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corrupted Collector?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 9:49 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

You happy with the coins ?  You like looking at them ?  The price was OK and within your budget ?

Yes to all 3. (thumbsu

And I wasn't complaining or anything, I was just having a little fun.  It just seems there are only a handful here that prefer or target raw coins for collecting like me, and I was chuckling to myself thinking about what my grandfather would have said if I showed him a coin I bought in one of the newer plastic coin holders.  ;)

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, VKurtB said:

Interesting that the 1883O has no numeric grade. 

Probably a bulk submission from the dealer where they have special deals with the TPG's to bulk grade bags/rolls of coins and only number grade an MS-XX or above per the dealer, and anything that doesn't make the cut designate it BU (Mint State 60 at least) for a lot less per coin.

I would be willing to bet the family ranch that the larger dealers either go through rolls/bags or has the TPG do it to cherry pick higher grading MS raw coins worth more, particularly if slabbed/graded.

Edited by EagleRJO