• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulation Coin Set Label

7 posts in this topic

I sent in four "mint sealed congratulation sets" for grading... NGC denied or devalued my coins by refusing to mark the slab labels as congratulation set as requested. Their justification... the coin was not in a sealed mint postal marked packaging. To my understanding if sent a mint sealed birth set... the coin slabs would be marked as such. Has anyone had such experience?

Unhappy long-time member.

When I bought my first 2021 ASE, NGC had a statement that essentially said in order to get first releases, the coin had to be submitted by a certain date and be in original mint packaging. After the expiration date, my submission had not shown up yet, so I contacted NGC via email and was reassured regardless of the date marked as received ( which trailed the actual delivery by a week), I never did get that designation . But since it was a PF 70 UC, I never pursued a complaint.374CF70F-40AE-44BB-9962-211B215822DC.thumb.jpeg.b87592d0f4e0b8dbde9d84af0c6ac2da.jpeg

For some issues you can not remove them from the USPS mailing box to get certified.  It all depends on what you want as to what rules you have to follow.

I can’t see any reason the Congratulations Set designation is desirable, but that’s your call. 

I don't do special labels but I have noticed that NGC seems to normally post a news article for all new releases eligible for special labels, and they did do so for the Congratulations Sets. I can understand your frustration but they seem to always want stuff like this sent to them in the original postal packaging to qualify for special labels. Not sure if this was always the case. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/10040/

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Not sure if this was always the case. 

It is whenever the same coins have been sold by the Mint outside the special sets.