• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Struck By Dual Shattered Dies
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hey Fellows! How's everyone been? Lots of life changes for me the past couple of years so I've sold pretty much all my stuff trying to get up out of a hole, but I do still have and never lost my interest in the Coin and I'm sure to have that for life. It is still a great escape for me.

All that said, a very old friend stopped by just after trading yada, yada for Yada+a bag of World Coins, which he wound up just giving to me. I know Errors aren't much worthy with World Coins, and this Coin is way wore out to Boot but not so wore out that you can't see ALL those Cracks everywhere all over the Coin. I was amazed by it, but nobody has shown much interest. But you know what? I don't care. I do know that this Coin blows the reference Coin for a Shattered Die on error-ref out of the water and into the next hemisphere. Lol! So I know it's a super cool example. 

Have a look see and tell me what you think. Thanks for still being here for me. 

PXL_20220417_043658918~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_043652489~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_044852805~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_044856795~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_044900140~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_044902610~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_044905381~2.jpg

PXL_20220417_044920470~2.jpg

Hi Karen welcome back. First of all I hope you are doing ok and getting past your difficulties. Wow what a good example ! Amazing amount of cracking. Yea the coin has seen many better days. Thanks for sharing and excellent pictures.

@Mr.Bill347Thanks for asking and for the compliment on my shots. Yes, after some time and careful life management I am back on track to my new future and life gets better each day. It IS an amazing example of the Error, isn't it. I was stunned when I saw it. I had never seen a BAHT before and with the wear on it and how full the design is, I did have to make sure all those Cracks weren't just part of the design. Lol! @RWB said a 'Messy' Coin. I agree but would have used 'Busy'. Funny thing was that as I continued through the bag of Coins there was another BAHT the same as this one only without the Error. 

I love this Coin and as I said, there just hasn't seemed to be a lot of interest in it. But I hope some more people do have a look at it because I don't think it's an Error that we see a whole lot of in our everyday lives. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:34 PM, KarenHolcomb said:

@VKurtBUnderstood. I doubt they are popular in many places. However, you gotta admit that this Error should increase any Coin's popularity. At least I think it's the coolest. But I'm seeing the Error and not so much the Coin. Nice hearing from you, kind Sir.

@RWBHonestly Dude, I get your reference, and as badly placed as ut may be, I can only respond by saying that anybody else's rights should be their own and I have naught to do with it. I just try to respect everyone and whatever choices that individual chooses. I get that it's a historic day. Historic good for some and just awful for others. Me and you aren't qualified to make these types of decision's and that's why we have the SC. 

I do have a couple of dozen Thai coins, but now I wonder about die cracks. I wonder how many strikes later it all went to pieces. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:34 PM, KarenHolcomb said:

@VKurtBUnderstood. I doubt they are popular in many places. However, you gotta admit that this Error should increase any Coin's popularity. At least I think it's the coolest. But I'm seeing the Error and not so much the Coin. Nice hearing from you, kind Sir.

@RWBHonestly Dude, I get your reference, and as badly placed as ut may be, I can only respond by saying that anybody else's rights should be their own and I have naught to do with it. I just try to respect everyone and whatever choices that individual chooses. I get that it's a historic day. Historic good for some and just awful for others. Me and you aren't qualified to make these types of decision's and that's why we have the SC. 

Roger is “special”. He gets to go all political at will but nobody else can. 

@VKurtBYou'll have that at times. It's a tough day for many, I'm sure.

I wondered the same thing. The example of a Shattered Die they have on err-ref says that the Die wasn't even Terminal at the time of the Strike. Of course it only has Breaks on one side. NOBODY WILL EVER BEAT MY SHATTERED DIE COIN. Lol! I'm the Winner.