• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1910 S Half Eagle($5) worth grading?

9 posts in this topic

Maybe it's the pics but this coin looks a little weird to me, I'm not familiar at all with these but I'm suspicious. I'll be curious to read what others think. It looks to be worn down and maybe that's what I'm seeing.

if it is it is pretty valuable even in the low condition you have it there.  it is kind of fuzzy looikng thorugh the plastic and  you cant get very good details out of the picture but even in that low of a grade if real is still valuable.  the reverse does look like it was removed from one of those coin bezels so it would be a detailed graded coin at best.  

Edited by JT2
spelling

A TPG will tell you if the coin is authentic or counterfeit, and if genuine they will assign a "grade" to it.

An AU has a value of about $800 to $1,000.

(Looking at the original posted images, the graininess seems to be from compression artifacts and low resolution.)

Edited by RWB

On 6/23/2022 at 6:45 AM, JT2 said:

if it is it is pretty valuable even in the low condition you have it there.  it is kind of fuzzy looikng thorugh the plastic and  you cant get very good details out of the picture but even in that low of a grade if real is still valuable.  the reverse does look like it was removed from one of those coin bezels so it would be a detailed graded coin at best.  

That is a good observation JT2, you can see the mark much better now.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, Banner285 said:

Found this little beauty and not sure if its worth getting graded. Real question though is it authentic? Thanks for any help.

20220623_001710_HDR.jpg

2022-6-23 0-44-26.jpg

2022-6-23 0-47-38.jpg

2022-6-23 0-52-21.jpg

Thanks for sharing the coin picture with us. I am glad while searching for this https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/gun-control website online on google search, I found your post.

Nice.

Edited by LindaBRutt