• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 D small date copper.
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2022 at 5:25 AM, Danny Simpson said:

Will it still be recognized as a 82 D or no?

Yes.

If you could post pics of the front and back of the coin that would be great, we like seeing coins. If I remember correctly an '82 - D, Sm Dt, copper is rare. What is the weight?

On 6/20/2022 at 6:18 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Yes.

If you could post pics of the front and back of the coin that would be great, we like seeing coins. If I remember correctly an '82 - D, Sm Dt, copper is rare. What is the weight?

Sorry thought I did post the pics with it.

On 6/20/2022 at 6:48 AM, Greenstang said:

Welcome to the forum.

As stated, pictures and weight (2 decimal points) are a must before anyone can help you.

I did I just didn't upload them I m still learning

On 6/20/2022 at 5:25 AM, Danny Simpson said:

Will it still be recognized as a 82 D or no?

Thanks for the pics. Looks like just damage to me, I'm not seeing any compelling evidence that there was ever a "D" MM on this coin. So my answer is, now, a no. 

On 6/20/2022 at 6:51 AM, Greenstang said:

That is a 1982 Small Date copper but that is not a mm which means it was struck in Philadelphia, not Denver.

so its only 82-d small date that is rare?

On 6/22/2022 at 7:53 PM, Greenstang said:

It is only the 1982 D copper small date cent that is rare. The zinc cent is common.

Rare is an understatement. Virtually non-existent is more accurate. Two. Ever. Think about that.