• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ancient greek coins
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Clear and obvious modern counterfeit.

Added: "Pricing" = $0; zip; nada; maga; fake; phony.

Edited by RWB

On 6/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, Oldhoopster said:

I notice you are always asking for pricing information.  Are you planning to resale them as part of a business, or are you a collector and these are part of your collection? 

For many, selling is all there is. 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:49 PM, VKurtB said:

For many, selling is all there is. 

Yeah, but I dislike when people who are only interested in profiting from the coins they post and using members as unpaid consultants to profit from that info.  Knowledge has value.  If the only reason you're posting is to make a profit from my knowledge, either pay me for it, or show me that your interested in learning it for yourself.  

Sorry, but that's one of my pet peeves.  I'm not saying that the OP is doing this, and if so I apologize, but something gave me that impression, so I asked (twice now, with no reply)

BTW: if someone is interested in learning, either collector or retailer, I'll try to go out of my way to help you.  

Just my thoughts and an explanation

On 6/20/2022 at 8:39 PM, Oldhoopster said:

Sorry, but that's one of my pet peeves.

Mine too. But a worse one is a guy who is using our knowledge to ENABLE him to sell stuff he knows is bogus, and I’m getting an uneasy feeling about this OP. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 6/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, VKurtB said:

Mine too. But a worse one is a guy who is using our knowledge to ENABLE him to sell stuff he knows is bogus, and I’m getting an uneasy feeling about this OP. 

I have no problem helping anyone determine if a coin is fake or even "what is it?  I just dislike the " Tell me how much I should charge for this coin on my eBay store or Antique Mall booth so I don't miss out on the most profit possible".  Especially multiple coins.  Look it up yourself!

Once again, I'm not sure if this is what the OP is doing.  I just got a bad vibe and that's why I asked.

Edited by Oldhoopster

On 6/20/2022 at 9:20 PM, Oldhoopster said:

I have no problem helping anyone determine if a coin is fake or even "what is it?  I just dislike the " Tell me how much I should charge for this coin on my eBay store or Antique Mall booth so I don't miss out on the most profit possible".  Look it up yourself!

Once again, I'm not sure if this is what the OP is doing.  I just got a bad vibe and that's why I asked.

How likely is it that our OP might have an Aliexpress account?