• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whitman Baltimore Attendance

15 posts in this topic

It's always fun to see some pictures posted from coin shows, Charmy would do a great job of it, but I haven't done one for ages. How many of you went and did you notice anything different? I know the town has changed a lot since COVID hit and closed many businesses. Everyone cautioned me that the Summer Baltimore show would be pretty slow, which set expectations low, but I honestly think it was better than the last one. The trading rooms were super busy on Tuesday, the Wednesday dealer/early bird traffic was strong and Thursday's foot traffic was great as well. All the regulars complain about how many good restaurants have closed down out there in the past couple years, but our favorites like La Tavola are still kicking! It seems like Dollars have come down off of their highs, but lots of people were still buying them. Did anyone else have some highlights or new purchases? 

IMG_9008.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

IMG_9052.jpg

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

Edited by Ryan S.

Just rotate your monitor to the right, then stand on your head. All will be well.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

All dollars (Draped, Seated, Morgan, Peace, Ike, SBA, SAC...)?

...think he meant morgans.....

On 6/14/2022 at 6:33 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Well, they have been on quite a tear in the past year or so...maybe they were due for a pull back.  I am not a Morgan collector, so I don't follow them too close.

Way overdue for a pullback. 

On 6/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Well, they have been on quite a tear in the past year or so...maybe they were due for a pull back.  I am not a Morgan collector, so I don't follow them too close.

...me neither, i only own one, its a 67+ n thats enuf for me....i find them unattractive n the series boring as a whole......

On 6/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

All dollars (Draped, Seated, Morgan, Peace, Ike, SBA, SAC...)?

No one is ever referring to SBA & SAC

On 6/14/2022 at 3:45 PM, VKurtB said:

Three Baltimore shows per year. 

Hehe, yeah I wasn't really sure how to reply to that one....I suppose I could have mentioned this was the June 8th-10th show. The November show was enjoyable too though.

On 6/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, Ryan S. said:

No one is ever referring to SBA & SAC

Hehe, yeah I wasn't really sure how to reply to that one....I suppose I could have mentioned this was the June 8th-10th show. The November show was enjoyable too though.

The seafood is best at the November show, which is in late October this year, and there are exhibits at the fall show, put on by the Maryland State club.