• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New book and specials for Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee

16 posts in this topic

Since Z brought up the Jubilee and QE II, the Noonans Platinum Jubilee Banknote Auction catalogue is a must have for any QE II or banknote people out there. It has some wonderful information on 26 of the 30 principle portraits used on banknotes all over the world for the past 70 years. I don't know if you can download a digital copy from Noonans still, I can't find it right now, but here is a link to the auction results. 

https://www.noonans.co.uk/auctions/archive/past-catalogues/ 

image.png.abe67366c72a6b5c4c979fdc30afe601.png

If it's not available off of the Noonans website anymore I have a PDF of it if anyone's interested. I'll look around some more online for a downloadable PDF this afternoon. I'll post a link if I find it.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, World Colonial said:

increasing barbarism I see in modern society.

You are so right.  I haven't much faith left that our Specie will last much longer.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, World Colonial said:

The epitome of class too, as opposed to the increasing barbarism I see in modern society.

...petty peevishness at times but durable like her mother....and yes they r at the gates....

It's over. 75% off our previously marked down half-price.... Get 'em before the next jumbles sale.

On 6/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, RWB said:

It's over. 75% off our previously marked down half-price.... Get 'em before the next jumbles sale.

Still cheaper than what I bought them at.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Since Z brought up the Jubilee and QE II, the Noonans Platinum Jubilee Banknote Auction catalogue is a must have for any QE II or banknote people out there. It has some wonderful information on 26 of the 30 principle portraits used on banknotes all over the world for the past 70 years. I don't know if you can download a digital copy from Noonans still, I can't find it right now, but here is a link to the auction results. 

https://www.noonans.co.uk/auctions/archive/past-catalogues/ 

image.png.abe67366c72a6b5c4c979fdc30afe601.png

If it's not available off of the Noonans website anymore I have a PDF of it if anyone's interested. I'll look around some more online for a downloadable PDF this afternoon. I'll post a link if I find it.
I would really like to read it. But it is very difficult to get it, the one that is there, at least hold it in your hands. At the moment I found to kill a mockingbird book, use the great site for this. I would like to buy it first, and then I will look for Spink Books. I would be very happy if someone knows where it can be purchased.

Now at least I saw the results of the auction

Edited by sharleengane57

On 6/2/2022 at 1:55 PM, Zebo said:

During this weekend, QE II’s Platinum Jubilee weekend, Spink Books has two of their books on sale (pictured below) for any of you that may be interested.

E929A795-BD59-4580-8787-36F5D5B300B7.jpeg

28924BD0-ADF8-4FC7-9860-8A718DEE4BAB.jpeg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I have both books and can say they are worth being in a collection. I do not have a lot of books in my collection yet, because some of them are digital, but still, it's good to have something like that. Besides, I have a literature course, and I can use any of them and write amazing papers. Last time, however, I used the help of https://edubirdie.com/assignment-writing-service because the task was pretty complicated, and even my library didn't help me. So I decided not to waste any more time and get professional help.

It's amazing to have such a book in your collection I think. Has someone checked if it's available online? Or no?

Edited by CarltonWilmot

I'll have to re-learn English to read these treasures. Is anyone else familiar with an inferiority complex that whispers to you about your imperfect vocabulary? I like to read, but beautiful works kill me. I suffer when I read about something great, or read an ordinary story, but it's written as if the text pours into your brain. I must have read everything on ELA Resources to come close to such literary mastery. But these books scare me because they are too good to read on my lunch break at work.

Edited by Medrogean

On 10/21/2022 at 8:36 AM, CarltonWilmot said:

It's amazing to have such a book in your collection I think. Has someone checked if it's available online? Or no?

By chance, have you purchased the book and if so, what did you think of it?  I finally broke down and ordered a copy today. I’ve also pre-ordered the book on William Wyon - the one that I’m most interested in.

That are amazing books and I really want them in my collection, especially on paper view. Honestly, I'm obsessed with all connected to the UK, it's the country of my dream. I was so scared to emigrate but after reading some summaries here https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/summary-of-the-book-my-favorite-chaperone-by-jean-davies-okimoto/ about the book "my favorite chaperone" I understood that it's not that scary. Can someone share with me shops where I can buy it in paper variant?

Edited by platformsparkles

On 11/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, platformsparkles said:

That are amazing books and I really want them in my collection, especially on paper view. Honestly, I'm obsessed with all connected to the UK, it's the country of my dream. I was so scared to emigrate but after reading some summaries here https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/summary-of-the-book-my-favorite-chaperone-by-jean-davies-okimoto/ about the book "my favorite chaperone" I understood that it's not that scary. Can someone share with me shops where I can buy it in paper variant?

It’s a bit hard to find. Have you tried contacting Jean Daviess Okimoto?

Jeanie Okimoto (Jean Davies Okimoto) can be contacted by emailing her at

info@endicottandhughbooks.com

or

jokim12345@aol.com

On 11/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, platformsparkles said:

This doesn’t have anything to do with coins or collecting, but to help you out:

My Favorite Chaperone is actually a short story by Jean Davies Okimoto that is part of a Literature Program published by HHM and distributed to many English speaking countries 
throughout the world, but primarily in North America. The story originally was published in a book of short stories for teenagers called First Crossing: Stories about Teen Immigrants.

Jean Davies Okimoto,  author of My Favorite Chaperone, wrote a novel based on the short story titled Maya and the Cotton Candy Boy which also focuses on the issues and family dynamics facing immigrants. Both First Crossing and Maya and the Cotton Candy Boy can be found on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Maya-Cotton-Candy-Davies-Okimoto/dp/0982316755