• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thru cloth error

13 posts in this topic

I didn't buy it. A customer of mine brought it in and I sent it to NGC.

I know when he comes back in, he'll ask if I know about what it's worth.

Somewhat new to the coin world. Mostly just dealt in bullion.

Thanks for the help.

Errors are only worth what someone will pay for it. Hard to determine values for them except searching auction prices for the same type error. 

Thanks for the response.

I did some research and found it hard to nail down any pricing.

I'll let my customer know and see if he wants to pursue selling it.

Thanks again, and I look forward to following conversations on this forum.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:55 PM, Quinn Holtan said:

I didn't buy it. A customer of mine brought it in and I sent it to NGC.

I know when he comes back in, he'll ask if I know about what it's worth.

Somewhat new to the coin world. Mostly just dealt in bullion.

Thanks for the help.

Well that does make it more difficult alright, Bobby is correct that the error market is difficult to value.   That segment is a small slice of the pie and values vary greatly depending on the selling venue and the number of error collectors that see it at the time it is for sale.   I suggest that you contact Mike Byers Website and see if he can help you with some thoughts on value.

It is hard to value error coins because every coin is unique.  You MIGHT be able to locate a SIMILAR piece that has been sold, but it will still be "different" and so could be worth a different amount.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Well it is tough with a error it is a collectors preference like the others have said. I looked it up and NGC has it valued at $8.00  so I would say that is a good start. I think I would ask a little bit more. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/6456753-001/63/

Personally, I think that coin has more than $8 worth of coolness in it.  A large coffee at Starbucks can cost you $6 and that's not nearly as cool!  I would not take a penny less than $40 for this coin (the cost of a Starbucks coffee in July 2022).  Good luck - it's a fun coin.