• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trivia Question
1 1

42 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2022 at 10:47 PM, Woods020 said:

Not the time or the place but I would disagree largely. I have lived in many parts of the country, and simple statistics never tell a full story. For example the farmers producing the food you eat I personally would not consider a "vast waste of human talent and resources", but that isn't accounted for in the statistics you reference. I do agree the populations are largely different in many areas, including percentage of college education and career. I just fundamentally disagree it means it is a failure. I also recognize this is a coin forum and not the place for the debate.

Yes. This is an off-topic discussion for off-line communication.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:37 AM, RWB said:

Yes. This is an off-topic discussion for off-line communication.

As usual, RWB “finds religion” right after he fires off HIS political screed post. Typical. Remember, just for “poops and giggles”, this WAS MY THREAD, not that I support that particular Internet “rule”. But as usual for RWB, rules for thee, but not for me. 

Edited by VKurtB

Roger is onto ONE legitimate criticism of the Deep South - apparently Samford University (yes, that is spelled correctly) awards law degrees to candidates with the IQ of the common garden slug, and they make their careers by being buddy buddy with the most corrupt judiciary ever in the Western world. You need to go to England to find worse. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 5/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, VKurtB said:

Roger is onto ONE legitimate criticism of the Deep South - apparently Samford University (yes, that is spelled correctly) awards law degrees to candidates with the IQ of the common garden slug, and they make their careers by being buddy buddy with the most corrupt judiciary ever in the Western world. You need to go to England to find worse. 

Great pharmacy school though. I have a long history of my family going to pharmacy school there starting with my grandfather (it was Howard university then). They are top notch and extremely expensive for many degrees, but I would agree their law school is a fallback option for most. Pretty campus too. 

I do agree with the habitual underhanded jabs from certain forum members who then want to gloss on by it if anyone responds. I am not aware of any member of the forum that insists on adding their world views and opinions into coin discussions as much as this one. Most of the time it’s a giant leap to even open the door for such comments. Differing views are fine and bring value, but these comments add no value to the conversations at hand and only serve to feed the ego of the one commenting. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, Woods020 said:

Great pharmacy school though. I have a long history of my family going to pharmacy school there starting with my grandfather (it was Howard university then). They are top notch and extremely expensive for many degrees, but I would agree their law school is a fallback option for most. Pretty campus too. 

I do agree with the habitual underhanded jabs from certain forum members who then want to gloss on by it if anyone responds. I am not aware of any member of the forum that insists on adding their world views and opinions into coin discussions as much as this one. Most of the time it’s a giant leap to even open the door for such comments. Differing views are fine and bring value, but these comments add no value to the conversations at hand and only serve to feed the ego of the one commenting. 

That particular ego needs a full  juice purge followed by a strict fast. Only the posterior competes for size. 

Yes, Samford’s  pharmacy school does rank very highly. It competes well with the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science. 

Edited by VKurtB

Hey, I was there, IN THE ROOM, when RogerDodger got his Glenn Smedley Award. Think he’ll return the favor for me? I kinda doubt it. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:10 AM, VKurtB said:

Yes, Samford’s  pharmacy school does rank very highly. It competes well with the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science. 

The dean was, I’m not sure if he still is, a classmate of my grandfathers. I assume he is no longer since my grandfather passed several years ago. But I used to always chuckle when we talked to him because his last name was Dean. He was dean Dean. My grandfather stopped by any time we were near Birmingham and took me to the pharmacy school. He also had me counting pills in his pharmacy as a kid grooming me to be a pharmacist and go to his alma mater. Imagine his disappointment when I finally told him I got bored counting to 30 all day and wanted to do something else. I stuck with pharmaceuticals but went the business route. 

It’s also funny when I hear comments like the original. My grandfather was the youngest of 8 kids, his father died before he can remember him, and was a depression era baby. If anyone was deemed to not get an education and be a “waste” as was said he would be the poster child. Instead he was valedictorian of his high school, still the only person to be captain of all 3 major sports, all while hitchhiking to and from school. He went very early to light the heaters and such before school in return for a free lunch.

He then went to college at the university of Alabama on a full sports scholarship in football. While playing football he double majored in chemistry and biology, and graduated on time. Not satisfied he worked full time and went on to pharmacy school paying his own way. He ended up with 3 degrees, and still one of the most intelligent men I have met. I work with fortune 100 execs all day and I still contend that.

He ran his own successful pharmacy until retirement and was very involved in the community. He also was president of the Alabama sports hall of fame until his death, which he was very passionate about. This is one of many such personal stories that make me offended when I hear how idiotic the south is and what a waste the people are. I assure you that man would blow most of the critics out of the water in education, IQ or life accomplishments. 

Remember, I’m culturally ALL Pennsylvania, and I’m STILL trying to wrap my mind around the college football mania of my new home. Maybe it’s because there ARE NO athletic scholarship schools east of Penn State. Enough Division III schools (no athletic scholarships) to gag a maggot, though. Know who never had a single DAY of an athletic scholarship? Remember the great Oilers wideout and kick returner Billy “White Shoes” Johnson? Attended Widener in Chester, PA. Division III school. Billy was often on the Dean’s List. IIRC he was a pre-med.  

Edited by VKurtB

On 5/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, Woods020 said:

The dean was, I’m not sure if he still is, a classmate of my grandfathers. I assume he is no longer since my grandfather passed several years ago. But I used to always chuckle when we talked to him because his last name was Dean. He was dean Dean. My grandfather stopped by any time we were near Birmingham and took me to the pharmacy school. He also had me counting pills in his pharmacy as a kid grooming me to be a pharmacist and go to his alma mater. Imagine his disappointment when I finally told him I got bored counting to 30 all day and wanted to do something else. I stuck with pharmaceuticals but went the business route. 

It’s also funny when I hear comments like the original. My grandfather was the youngest of 8 kids, his father died before he can remember him, and was a depression era baby. If anyone was deemed to not get an education and be a “waste” as was said he would be the poster child. Instead he was valedictorian of his high school, still the only person to be captain of all 3 major sports, all while hitchhiking to and from school. He went very early to light the heaters and such before school in return for a free lunch.

He then went to college at the university of Alabama on a full sports scholarship in football. While playing football he double majored in chemistry and biology, and graduated on time. Not satisfied he worked full time and went on to pharmacy school paying his own way. He ended up with 3 degrees, and still one of the most intelligent men I have met. I work with fortune 100 execs all day and I still contend that.

He ran his own successful pharmacy until retirement and was very involved in the community. He also was president of the Alabama sports hall of fame until his death, which he was very passionate about. This is one of many such personal stories that make me offended when I hear how idiotic the south is and what a waste the people are. I assure you that man would blow most of the critics out of the water in education, IQ or life accomplishments. 

What my new home state DOES NEED is an entirely “clean sheet of paper” new Constitution. If there is ever a Commission formed to do that before my health declines, I’m going to run to be on it. 

Over 900 amendments on the current one is a little nuts. 

I'd rather live in the house directly between Rachael Maddow and Sean Hannity than between Vkurt and RWB. Just kidding guys, we like and need and respect you both. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:35 PM, ronnie stein said:

I'd rather live in the house directly between Rachael Maddow and Sean Hannity than between Vkurt and RWB. Just kidding guys, we like and need and respect you both. 

Couldn’t happen for long - I have a proven track record of moving away from m-o-r-o-n-s.