• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kennedy silver proof halves

7 posts in this topic

My LCS is selling a tube of random dated silver proof Kennedy halves for $250. They were all taken out of proof sets. I'm not real familiar with the pricing of silver Kennedys, but I looked some up on ebay and they seem to be going for decent prices. In your opinion, is $250 a good price?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

I am just going to say, I don’t know. What years, condition, silver?    

Pictures would help but I need more information.  Maybe. Personally, I can think of about 27 things I would buy first but again maybe it’s a tube of 64’s in great shape. 😉🙀🦫

On 4/27/2022 at 11:33 AM, investinrehabs said:

My LCS is selling a tube of random dated silver proof Kennedy halves for $250. They were all taken out of proof sets. I'm not real familiar with the pricing of silver Kennedys, but I looked some up on ebay and they seem to be going for decent prices. In your opinion, is $250 a good price?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

As I type this, the silver value is $169.50. That is all they might be worth without condition knowledge. I’d pass. 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:33 PM, investinrehabs said:

random dated silver proof Kennedy halves

This comment and the follow-up of:

On 4/27/2022 at 3:45 PM, investinrehabs said:

they are all silver and in proof like condition. However, he said they're all from 2000 and above

...are somewhat confusing. Are you saying the seller was offering 20 .900 fine silver halves for $250? Market is about $8.47 each so they are worth $169.90 in silver. The seller wants $12.50 each.

Edited by RWB