• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Input on holder that this Morgan is in.
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I wanted to know if this holder has any significance.  I want to send coin in to be graded.  Should I crack it out of the holder or keep it in.  I am completely new and this is my first time submitting.  Thanks.

IMG-2567.jpg

IMG-2566.jpg

I would sell it.
If keeping. Remove from holder, give it a little  pure acetone rinse and put in a self slab holder $2-$3 ea.   Wizzard supply. eBay
  Don’t send it in. Slabbed examples are reasonably priced. 
  Now if it has personal importance, perhaps let it be. Memory and such. You could carefully remove it and keep original stuff as part of the collection. 🦫🙀😉

Just some generic holder it has no value, the advice above is spot on that coin is not a coin worth sending for grading.   It has been abused and cleaned and has no numismatic value, however if it has some personal attachment that is the driving force behind your desire to have it graded and slabbed then it may be worth it to you.

Aside from the other obvious issues the coin looks to have active PVC on it, so whatever you decide to do with it you should crack it out and give it an acetone bath.

The plastic holder is not special. The coin is cleaned and scratched, and is also not special. If you waste money on "grading" it will come back either in a "Details" slab or a plastic "body bag."

I would just keep it in tacked as is.  It looks like an old Capital holder.  It's got an old classic look to it.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:40 PM, Coinbuf said:

The holder may just snap together and is not sealed at all.

I think it's one of these Capital Holders.

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

On 4/11/2022 at 7:51 PM, Coinbuf said:

I was thinking of that as a possibility too @tj96

I like these much better then those that snap together.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I think it's one of these Capital Holders.

That's Capital's Comet line of lower-priced holders. The inserts are cardboard rather than acrylic, and I believe the plastic is polystyrene.