• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General Question from a novice

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have started adding coins to registry and have the following questions :) 

·      Is there a definition page for the different types of sets ?

·      Can your set be in both custom and competitive sets ? 

·      Can coins be a part of 2 different set within custom or competitive categories ? (i.e. entire Morgan set and CC entire set).

·      Will coin price guide always reflect NGC price guide even if its PCGS coin?

++ I deleted an incorrect entry under “my competitive coins”  that I really don’t understand why it was approved since it was a typo error .  When I deleted it, I got a prompt saying it will be marked as sold in coin manager which confused me also. I hope this doesn’t confuse matters.

Line 18: 1891CC  Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS 64 ; cert # 36809352 (incorrect coin)

Line 19 : 1892CC  Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS XF45 ; cert # 36809352 (correct coin)

v/r

There is no place with a definition of each set, however it seems somewhat intuitive (at least to me) what is likely to be included in each set.   If you want to know what coins are currently needed to complete each set you can open that set and in the upper left corner you will see a link that will show all the eligible coins for each slot.

image.png.16a3c0c217d7a6321dde87207861defb.png

Yes coins can be in both custom sets and competitive sets at the same time, in fact you can use a single coin for multiple competitive and custom sets.   I have coins that are currently in up to ten sets, for example most of my Lincoln cents are in multiple competitive sets in multiple Lincoln cent sets as well as many type sets and my custom set.

Yes the price guide will always use the NGC price guide, it is the NGC registry. ;)

A call to NGC customer service/registry department may be able to help you with your typo issue.

• Administrator
On 3/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, ldhall said:

RE:

++ I deleted an incorrect entry under “my competitive coins”  that I really don’t understand why it was approved since it was a typo error .  When I deleted it, I got a prompt saying it will be marked as sold in coin manager which confused me also. I hope this doesn’t confuse matters.

Line 18: 1891CC  Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS 64 ; cert # 36809352 (incorrect coin)

Line 19 : 1892CC  Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS XF45 ; cert # 36809352 (correct coin)

v/r

Hello. Thank you for your interest in the NGC Registry! :smile:

You initially typed in PCGS cert number 36809352, which is a legitimate cert. number. As such, it was approved by our admin team. The coin was not deleted. It is still in your inventory, and we will delete it for you.

ldhall    PCGS    36809352   Owned   $1 1892 CC

It is still in your inventory, and we will delete it for you.

On 3/30/2022 at 2:54 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello. Thank you for your interest in the NGC Registry! :smile:

You initially typed in PCGS cert number 36809352, which is a legitimate cert. number. As such, it was approved by our admin team. The coin was not deleted. It is still in your inventory, and we will delete it for you.

ldhall    PCGS    36809352   Owned   $1 1892 CC

It is still in your inventory, and we will delete it for you.

Thank you for the help, I am sorry for confusion. As you can tell I'm new, but under my coins I don't see ldhall    PCGS    36809352   Owned   $1 1892 CC.  ??? Am I looking in wrong place - I see all my other coins ? 

v/r

ldhall