• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1863 Civil War Token F-105K-1a Grade
1 1

6 posts in this topic

This is from Dad’s old collection. After researching, there are few graded by NGC and only one tops out at MS65 and 2 at 64. This appears to to better than all I have see and is Red! Definitely going to send it in to be graded and hope for a top pop! It’s A. M. Johnston Buffalo NY. F-105K-1a. It’s only an R1 but still pretty special I think. Any thoughts from those more qualified would be appreciated. Also, what value could be added if it turns out to be a Top Pop? Thank you

Jim

B868501D-118C-4B02-AA79-6475C5FC1330.jpeg

5661EABB-B744-45A5-9D33-F8897A4AD04F.jpeg

There is a shop near me that has some war tokens. I have never really got into them. yours is nice ... I may have to look at them again.   (thumbsu 

Very nice. I would get it graded. Check the Fuld Store Card guide again, I think it is listed as R-2. If you go to the Heritage Auction or Stacks & Bowers web site you can navigate to historical prices. You can do Stacks auction archives without setting up an account but you have to set up at Heritage to see the historical pricing. You probaly won't find a match for the F-105 store card, but you will get an idea of range.  You are going to find that prices are all over the map. An example: if you go to Heritage in August 2021 an 1864 Great Central Fair Civil War Store Card F-750L-1A in NGC MS-65 R-2 went for $120 with the 20% buyers premium. The seller got about $90 because there is a seller's commission too. On the other hand, the same month an 1863 Milwaukee WI Empire Brewery F-510C-1A MS-63 R-2 went for $360 with buyers premium. 

John, 

Thx for the reply! I have been on the HA site but not Stacks. I’ve seen two of these graded MS64, neither red, that were sold for $270 plus. NGC shows 2 at 64 and 1 at 66. PGCS shows 1 at 63. I definitely think I’ll take the time to send it in. Could be a top pop! 

Jim

I don’t think that you will get an MS-65 with the scratch under “GR” in “GROCER” and the one in back of the “C” in the same word, but I could be wrong.