• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

El Yunque quarter won't go in America the beautiful slot
2 2

5 posts in this topic

In "Basic U.S. Type Set with Gold (Dansco 7070 +page5) there is a place for the America the beautiful quarters set. The set I'm doing allow MS or Proof coins. I got a PF 70 Ultra Cameo El Yunque quarter just for this spot, and it won't accept it.

Have actually been to near the top of El Yunque, back in 1968.

Ran up the trail with one of my siblings, leaving the adults behind.  Up near the top, highest I had ever been on a mountain, where I asked a poncho draped hiker how far it was to the top, and was told it would take a good half an hour to an hour to reach the summit, we then immediately headed back down, literally running back down the mountain at full speed.

The really great thing about the return trip trail — same one on the way up — was that "all roads lead to Rome."  Meaning:  Only on the way up are there branch trails that — on their way up — branch off to who knows where.  But when coming back down, all trails merge into the main trail, and so — running down — we got back down to the parking lot without getting lost, to where my mother there was very angry with the two of us just disappearing, leaving the rest of the family to wonder where we were, or even how we were.

Finally left the park late, driving in darkness toward the end, but what an adventure it was to run up and down that trail in that major rainforest of Puerto Rico.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:49 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Have actually been to near the top of El Yunque, back in 1968.

Ran up the trail with one of my siblings, leaving the adults behind.  Up near the top, highest I had ever been on a mountain, where I asked a poncho draped hiker how far it was to the top, and was told it would take a good half an hour to an hour to reach the summit, we then immediately headed back down, literally running back down the mountain at full speed.

The really great thing about the return trip trail — same one on the way up — was that "all roads lead to Rome."  Meaning:  Only on the way up are there branch trails that — on their way up — branch off to who knows where.  But when coming back down, all trails merge into the main trail, and so — running down — we got back down to the parking lot without getting lost, to where my mother there was very angry with the two of us just disappearing, leaving the rest of the family to wonder where we were, or even how we were.

Finally left the park late, driving in darkness toward the end, but what an adventure it was to run up and down that trail in that major rainforest of Puerto Rico.

Cool story. I was there as an adult in 2012 and it was amazing. It's the reason I chose the El Yunque quarter to fill this slot. :) 

And it did indeed go into the slot a couple of days after my initial posting.

Thanks to those who responded.