• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hi fellow collectors wondering if these are worth sending for grading?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

heck you should send them to PCGS next and then to CAC and then QA and then maybe MAC them..................  I am just kidding dont do hat you will only ruin them!!!! you have 2 beautiful coins leave them alone and enjoy them.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:59 PM, Coinbuf said:

Welcome to the forum, as both appear to already be in an NGC holder your question seems to be moot.   What is the grade that NGC already gave these two coins.

they are in non sealed holders to keep them safe there ungraded

On 3/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, DBA dave said:

Wish you would have said that initially.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:08 AM, DBA dave said:

Ok, my thoughts are that the 1943 quarter is cleaned/wiped, I'm not sure if NGC would consider it cleaned or not in the grading room.   It does appear to have some doubling showing on IGWT, but once I blow up the other letters it gets too blurry to tell.   There are a ton of doubled die listings for 1943 and NGC does attribute five of those so if you can identify this coin as a match to one of the five and pay the extra fee it should be noted on the holder if you send it in.   The problem is I do not follow the pricing for a coin like this and I am unsure if the DDO notation is worth the cost, especially if it comes back as cleaned.

The 1957 Lincoln proof looks to be a standard brilliant coin with no cameo contrast, knowing the pops and price guide I cannot see any reason to spend the money to have this graded.

I’ve never seen these “holders” like this. I was convinced your coins were in an NGC slab and I had no idea what you were asking. Obviously I was wrong. 

I agree with Coinbuf on the Lincoln. You can buy one slabbed for less than it will cost you to grade it. The quarter I think I agree as well, but it wouldn’t hurt to post some more pics of it. With that said I’m 99% sure there are cleaning hairlines on the bust and face. If it’s a DDDo It’s not the valuable one (FS-103), but can’t say if it is one of the lesser ones from these pics. 

Edited by Woods020

On 3/10/2022 at 10:58 PM, Woods020 said:

I’ve never seen these “holders” like this. I was convinced your coins were in an NGC slab and I had no idea what you were asking. Obviously I was wrong. 

I agree with Coinbuf on the Lincoln. You can buy one slabbed for less than it will cost you to grade it. The quarter I think I agree as well, but it wouldn’t hurt to post some more pics of it. With that said I’m 99% sure there are cleaning hairlines on the bust and face. If it’s a DDDo It’s not the valuable one (FS-103), but can’t say if it is one of the lesser ones from these pics. 

The holders are Numis. I got on eBay and there nice and keep coins safe 

16471246234485227383049765040067.jpg

On 3/10/2022 at 8:15 AM, RWB said:

"Leave them alone, and they'll come home, wagging their tails behind them."

Holy sheep!