• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 zinc small date 1C possible DDR?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have a red small date 1982 zinc penny that looks like it has a DDR error. The only reference to a 1982 DDR  I can find is for a brown. I don't know how to tell if it is real or if these markings were made in some other way? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Susan

1982 zinc obv.JPG

1982 zinc Rev.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

GENERAL - UVC  3-3-2022 5.16.48 PM.png

GENERAL - UVC  3-3-2022 5.17.00 PM.png

GENERAL - UVC  3-3-2022 5.16.31 PM.png

Not the best pictures.  Can't tell if it's reflection.  You're looking in the right spot though.  Let's see what others say.

Susan,

Red, Brown or Red/Brown are only descriptions of color. Any copper coin can be any of those. 

I do think you have a winner here. I see some definite split serifs. Can you show a better pic of E Pluribus Unum and One Cent? I can’t tell for sure if this is the good one or the minor one. 

Definitely not a match for 001 on VV / FS-1801 on VP(002), I don't think it's a match for VV 002 ether but could be convinced otherwise if better images are posted. 

http://www.varietyvista.com/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/1982PDDR002.htm

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/cents/lincoln-cents-memorial-reverse-1959-2008/815014/

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
More Info

On 3/4/2022 at 7:26 AM, SusanN1665 said:

I’ve tried everything to cut the glare and still be able to see the coin, but nothing is working. I am bringing itto a friend who is a photographer, maybe she can get a better picture. Thanks for the input so far.

You have any coin dealers near you?  If you do, take it to them and see what they say.