• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alexander silver Tetradrachm

7 posts in this topic

Hello I'm looking to get this coin graded im .not exactly sure of what kind of Alexander or variation it is.. I've heard the return times are long right now on grading ? Any help or pointers on I.D on this silver coin will help . It's 17.6Grams and 27mm across the face 

-Andrew in Wisconsin 

20220228_214707.jpg

20220228_214613.jpg

Here is what to do. First, show us photos of the edges. Second, your hunting ground is at Wildwinds. Your key tells--and I don't have time to dig through them all tonight for personal reasons--are the lambda over the whateveritis in the reverse's left field, and the M over * monogram beneath the throne. Find one that is a tet and contains those, and you will at least know which type it purports to be.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:06 PM, JKK said:

Here is what to do. First, show us photos of the edges. Second, your hunting ground is at Wildwinds. Your key tells--and I don't have time to dig through them all tonight for personal reasons--are the lambda over the whateveritis in the reverse's left field, and the M over * monogram beneath the throne. Find one that is a tet and contains those, and you will at least know which type it purports to be.

Hey thanks for the help ! I just boxed it up and sent it in .what is wildwinds?

On 3/2/2022 at 11:04 AM, Millzy89 said:

Hey thanks for the help ! I just boxed it up and sent it in .what is wildwinds?

It's the best online attribution resource for Roman and Greek coinage. For other ancients, zeno.ru is your go-to.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, JKK said:

It's the best online attribution resource for Roman and Greek coinage. For other ancients, zeno.ru is your go-to.

Excellent good sir . Thankyou