• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charmy's February 2022 LONG BEACH SHOW REPORT w/lots of Pics!

13 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, RWB said:

Did you get the cat slabbed? I see it's all ready....

Did PCGS pay for all the promotional photos?

Apparently, NGC either forgot to send their check, or failed to show up at the show. They got left out of the report entirely.

And, what is the story with the guy with the cello case? Did he entertain the show attendees?

PS - Glad Rich was ok. He needs to keep some snacks and water on hand from now on.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:50 AM, RWB said:

Did you get the cat slabbed? I see it's all ready....Did PCGS pay for all the promotional photos?

I've never been to Long Beach, but reading on other forums it appears that PCGS is doing some heavy lifting to keep up the prestige of the Long Beach show since it's practically in their backyard. 

So maybe they are spending more time promoting, advertising, sending more people, etc. to Long Beach to make sure it stays up there with the ANA and FUN Shows.

You vets who've gone to Long Beach for years....what say you ? :)

On 2/23/2022 at 11:22 AM, Just Bob said:

Apparently, NGC either forgot to send their check, or failed to show up at the show. 

Really ?  I wonder if NGC will focus on FUN closer to their base of operations and PCGS is going to do likewise with Long Beach.

Or maybe Covid and the long travel for each entered into the decisions.  No idea, just speculating. :)

On 2/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Really ?  I wonder if NGC will focus on FUN closer to their base of operations and PCGS is going to do likewise with Long Beach.

Or maybe Covid and the long travel for each entered into the decisions.  No idea, just speculating. :)

No, not really. My post was tongue-in-cheek. There were lots of pictures of PCGS, one of ANACS, and none of NGC. I was attempting to play off RWB's joking reply, questioning if PCGS slipped the OP some cash to post all of those pictures. I joked that maybe NGC did not pay her. 

On 2/23/2022 at 3:29 PM, DWLange said:

NGC decided to not attend the show this time. There's no need to pick on Charmy... :foryou:

In that case, I humbly retract my feeble attempt at a joke. Sorry, Penny Lady. :sorry:

On 2/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, Just Bob said:

In that case, I humbly retract my feeble attempt at a joke. Sorry, Penny Lady. :sorry:

But the bigger point remains....NGC decided not to go.  Hmmmmm.........could be strictly Covid, could be other reasons, though I think the Long Beach Show would have to fall alot in prestige for NGC or other "biggies" to remove it from their calendar.

Re: airfares. This is the second time I’m flying from my new Alabama home. Flying to and from Colorado Springs next month requires FAR more work than flying out of eastern Pennsylvania. Finding ultra-cheap fares was a breeze in PA. Here, not s’much. I have to fly out of Birmingham at 7:00AM (sick!) and fly home on a completely different airline. American westbound, Southwest eastbound. But still, a total RT of $226. And I can go to Berlin for only double that. California is much more. I’m sitting on enough Amtrak points to get to Newark free.

Edit: I literally just got a notice of a Newark to London airfare via Reykjavik for $399 round trip. 

Edited by VKurtB