• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2006-P Ben Franklin Scientist PF-70 UC that is listed in the Registry as PF-69

5 posts in this topic

As stated in the title, The coins that I posses with the NGC Code # 1533885-018, has it labeled as PF-70 UC and the registry shows it to be PF-69 UC.  

This error shorts me points and value in my collection.

How do I get this resolved??

Very Respectfully

Myron A. Roshto

The cert look-up shows it listed as a PF69UC. It will be interesting to see if NGC calls it a labeling error or an input error. Please keep us informed, Mr. Roshto. I am curious to know how this works out.

• Administrator
On 2/15/2022 at 9:40 PM, Roshto49 said:

Yeah, it is quite interesting as to see what they come up with.  Do not look forward if I is just PF-69, since I would lose out on the point and value.

Hello. This coin verifies as a PF 69 UC. Every coin is reviewed by several graders. What happens occasionally is that the staff that prints the labels are already printing before the "finalizer," the most experienced grader, gives his final review. The finalizer probably found a flaw and changed it to 69. Meanwhile, the coin was already being packaged. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Please contact Customer Service if you have any questions. You should be able to get your label updated as a complimentary service. Please reach them at 1-800-642-2646 or service@NGCcoin.com. Thanks very much.