• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another proof set for the collection
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

This week I bought a 2009 18 coin proof set, a 1969 and a 1982. 4 maybe next week or two. My cigar boxes are filling up. Had to get more but found a cigar shop guy who can supply all I need.

AFE63F44-233B-4375-B274-650B58A2DBE6.jpeg

D644525A-41D2-44ED-A202-9B5EF03F900A.jpeg

Nice pick up @Mr.Bill347. I need some of those storage boxes for my sets.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, Moxie15 said:

I am not sure it is a good idea to store proof coins in wooden cigar boxes

edited for typo

I think it is. The Philippine mahogany acts as a desicant/humidity prevention. That is why cigars are shipped and stored this way. Besides I do use multiple desicant packs in each box.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I think it is. The Philippine mahogany acts as a desicant/humidity prevention. That is why cigars are shipped and stored this way. Besides I do use multiple desicant packs in each box.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I guess I will have to go around to the cigar shops and try to find them. I keep them in a big boot box with a lot of desicant packs now.  The one box holds from 1956 to 2008. Now I'm working one a new box. To bad there is no way to really display them all. same with the Mint sets. If you ever watched Mike on HSN, then you know how much space is needed. He is always trying to get people to buy the 1967 - 2008 sets for some outrages price.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, Rummy13 said:

I guess I will have to go around to the cigar shops and try to find them. I keep them in a big boot box with a lot of desicant packs now.  The one box holds from 1956 to 2008. Now I'm working one a new box. To bad there is no way to really display them all. same with the Mint sets. If you ever watched Mike on HSN, then you know how much space is needed. He is always trying to get people to buy the 1967 - 2008 sets for some outrages price.

Seriously outrageous prices.  You can have the first 42 years of San Francisco minted U.S. Proof Sets for the low, low price of $1,199.95 and $20.47 shipping and handling:

https://www.hsn.com/products/first-42-years-of-s-mint-proof-sets-1968-2009/7374406

I like it, James!! I have to find a good box....I want to get more German proof sets, but storage has been an issue.  Maybe I can find something that would work well.  Right now, the two I do have are on one of our bookshelves (lots of books in our apartment, for sure).  They need something better, though.