• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irish coin with horse

5 posts in this topic

Hey everybody.  I'm a woodworker searching for Irish coins featuring a horse to use in some of my resin pieces.  The only one I've found so far is the 20 pence piece pictured below.  Does anyone know of Irish coins that feature a horse other than this one?  The one pictured will do but I'd like to have some other artistic options if they're out there.

Thank you.

Irish_twenty_pence_(decimal_coin).png

The 20P is about your best option, there is also a 1690 crown and 15 Euro coins but they are WAY more expensive and harder to find. You'd have more options if you went with or included the harp. Many people also go for the "Barn Yard" set.

A horse was illustrated on Irish coins beginning with the first issues of the the Republic. The 20p is commonly available, but there are earlier designs. Photos should be available on the internet.