• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971s prototype working dies

3 posts in this topic

I have only seen these mentioned in the context of PCGS. These are the ones supposedly for Gasparro during the design process to make tweaks right? If so I think the only 3 known to exist have been certified. You may want to post some pics and get some opinions before submitting. I know little about it other than a vague memory of an article I read, but it seems like it is a loooooong shot. 

Edited by Woods020

I've been asked about research on these critters, but with NARA basically closed, the project files are not yet available. None of these coins should be "authenticated" as something unusual/different until they are independently examined and researched. As I've counseled several persons/companies: do not accept any proposed title or other information until research is complete. (The coin will not magically change, as happened with some 1804 dollars.)