• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Digital COIN album question

8 posts in this topic

Hello.   Has anyone used the digital album software?  Does it allow showing CAC sticker?  I'm considering entering my collection into something for viewing and organization but knowing it will be an arduous task I am not sure where to start. Thanks for any advice and if you can display CAC, a picture would be greatly appreciated. 

I have never entered any coins into a registry but on the other site it shows an option to put your coins pictures into a "set" that makes it look like they are in a "digital"  album. It seemed like something that would be popular but perhaps it no longer exists. 

FYI,  I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Alex in Pa suggested just using Microsoft Office or Excel. After considering some of the software out there and the price to paid for such, I began experimenting with Xcel. Made up the worksheet, doesn't matter how you make it. But the cool thing is that I discovered that a 2nd [age or sheet within that worksheet can hold inserted pictures. Then, back in the original page, you can create a column that has a HYPERLINK to the picture on the 2nd sheet, by entering the row the picture begins on. This hyperlink method could also be used to show the NGC or PGCS valuation link as well. I have a sample of the photo Excel sheet attached. Actually its really kinda cool. And best of all it was free as long as you own Excel. Mine is Office2003 !

Just seems peachy for me.

Bill

IMG-3271 (2).jpg

On 1/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, dollarfan said:

What I was looking at appeared to be right within the pcgs registry?? 

The NGC registry does not have the feature you are looking for, that digital album display is only available on the PCGS registry.   Just in case you are not aware, the PCGS registry will only allow you to put PCGS encapsulated coins into a registry set.  So if you have both PCGS and NGC coins in your collection those NGC graded coins cannot be used.

And as last I knew the albums do not have the ability to note which coins are CAC approved.  There is a workaround of sorts but it entails uploading a full slab shot for your coin and then using that slab shot for the album.   However that sort of defeats the purpose of the album view.   @Mr.Bill347's format is a nice solution but perhaps not one that works for your registry purposes.   I have no problem with how my sets here in the registry are shown, I can upload my high resolution photos and the software will show coins that are CAC approved as well as show any top pop coins I have.

image.png.87b8b621a73977a012bbedbe482e476f.png

Edited by Coinbuf