• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had to have More
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, R__Rash said:

Some of us might appreciate the sharing of these deals more than others might. 🤔 

Sorry Rash. Sometimes I get lucky. I do a lot of window shopping. The trick for me is to not really needing it but if you see it for a song jump on it. I am trying to build more Jefferson sets but I am not in a rush. 

On 1/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Sorry Rash. Sometimes I get lucky. I do a lot of window shopping. The trick for me is to not really needing it but if you see it for a song jump on it. I am trying to build more Jefferson sets but I am not in a rush. 

Perfect, and so is the timing. I am still absorbing the watchful comments from all that directed me to not worry about comparing the 1964 Kennedy aacgs slab value (can of worms) I was involved in to just buying new slabs that someone else had paid the cost to slab for me.  Thanks my friend, and also to those that express the same sentiment.  Good Job! Thanks. Oh and I’m looking for new war nickels as we speak.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:54 PM, R__Rash said:

Perfect, and so is the timing. I am still absorbing the watchful comments from all that directed me to not worry about comparing the 1964 Kennedy aacgs slab value (can of worms) I was involved in to just buying new slabs that someone else had paid the cost to slab for me.  Thanks my friend, and also to those that express the same sentiment.  Good Job! Thanks. Oh and I’m looking for new war nickels as we speak.

Good luck on the WWII Nickels Rash. Yes I know the feeling. I have some wonderful coins that are raw. Sending them out to be slabed is out of the question. If it cost me the price of the coin and $35 for the plastic it is to much. When I can get a deal with a already graded coin for under $10. I am not a rich man, far from it and shopping around allows me to take the winnings and get more cheap coins. LoL,  

On 1/8/2022 at 1:46 AM, GBrad said:

Hey Lem E........ You had better watch out my friend!!!!!  @J P Mashoke is HOT on your tail for a nice Nickel Set!!!!!:)

Well Not likely, I am just happy to get nice coins at candy store prices. My set is ok but I have seen Lem's Nickel sets and they are waaaaay up there. You can tell he has worked very hard on the quality of those sets. He deserves any awards they want to hand out.(thumbsu   

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 1/8/2022 at 12:46 AM, GBrad said:

Hey Lem E........ You had better watch out my friend!!!!!  @J P Mashoke is HOT on your tail for a nice Nickel Set!!!!!:)

He is hitting it hard for sure and doing a great job finding nice coins. Always room for one more nickel guy in the brotherhood.

On 1/8/2022 at 6:58 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Well Not likely, I am just happy to get nice coins at candy store prices. My set is ok but I have seen Lem's Nickel sets and they are waaaaay up there. You can tell he has worked very hard on the quality of those sets. He deserves any awards they want to hand out.(thumbsu   

Thanks my fellow nickel brother. I appreciate that a lot. Keep up the good work. I may have to have you start doing my nickel shopping for me. 

On 1/8/2022 at 12:25 PM, Lem E said:

I may have to have you start doing my nickel shopping for me. 

I heard that, right!!!!! @J P Mashoke seems to have the golden touch finding GREAT deals regularly!!! Kudos to him!!!(thumbsu

On 1/8/2022 at 1:14 PM, GBrad said:

@J P Mashoke One Question....... how in the world are you ever going to remove the black permanent marker from the certification numbers on the slab????:facepalm:

You must have forgotten slick coin told us all this  Goofoff works on everything 🤣

On 1/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, J P Mashoke said:

You must have forgotten slick coin told us all this  Goofoff works on everything 🤣

If ol' Slicky said it, then it's a sure thing!!! Some Goof Off should clear it right up for you, JP!

On 1/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I figured you did the photo editor thing where you can use "markup" (or something like that) and mark out certain areas in a pic.  But hey.... if it is a permanent marker you used..... then BY GOLLIE!!!!!!! No worries at all!!!!!  We definitely need to put ol' Slick on our Christmas card list for recommending Goofy stuff that will remove that marker for you!!!!(thumbsu

On 1/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, GBrad said:

I figured you did the photo editor thing where you can use "markup" (or something like that) and mark out certain areas in a pic.  But hey.... if it is a permanent marker you used..... then BY GOLLIE!!!!!!! No worries at all!!!!!  We definitely need to put ol' Slick on our Christmas card list for recommending Goofy stuff that will remove that marker for you!!!!(thumbsu

Yes it is the photo editor Greg. I just had to say about that Goof-off stuff slick was selling . I have seen it and it smells like lacquer thinner. I think it would remove permanent marker and dissolve a plastic holder quite nicely. :roflmao:  

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 1/8/2022 at 4:28 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Yes it is the photo editor Greg.

Well you do one good job making it look like a Sharpie permanent marker my friend!!! I remember seeing you do this A LONG time ago and my first thought back then was...." What the *&)&%$ is he doing"......It's so convincing that I had to ask!

Just to show you guys I don't always get a deal. The wife and I went to our favorite coin store and got this 1958 PC for $35 to add to the collection today. It is my wife's birth year and a transitional year so it was kind of a must have. 

1958 PC.jpg

1958 PC reverse.jpg

Well JP, according to the PCGS proof set pricing guide, you got it for under their price! I have been closely watching that guide since you pointed it out to me. Now I have 55-79 and a few later ones that I have bought lately. 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:45 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Well JP, according to the PCGS proof set pricing guide, you got it for under their price! I have been closely watching that guide since you pointed it out to me. Now I have 55-79 and a few later ones that I have bought lately. 

Ok yes he always takes off 15 or 20% for me but that's just good business.    You got a 1955 Box or flatpack .  Bill was it around $150

Edited by J P Mashoke

No I made a typo 1957-1979 53-56 is still on my list. I bought the 57 last week for $39 Got the 58 and 59 for under $40, the 1960 for B11C695D-0C82-462D-8FAC-71D9864CB095.jpeg.1719b95aa33430616113151c021c4276.jpeg$33 and a sealed 1962 today for $34, the 1964 for $27

i got mixed up because I bought a 1953 S gem nickel today. 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

i got mixed up because I bought a 1953 S gem nickel today. 

I'm currently munching on popcorn and patiently awaiting a pic of this coin Bill...:).  I think I am falling in love with Nickels these days.  Please forgive me @Coinbuf as I will never (I don't think) let another denomination pull me away from my beloved Lincolns and coppers.  

On 1/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, GBrad said:

I'm currently munching on popcorn and patiently awaiting a pic of this coin Bill...:).  I think I am falling in love with Nickels these days.  Please forgive me @Coinbuf as I will never (I don't think) let another denomination pull me away from my beloved Lincolns and coppers.  

Yes Bill a 1953 S would be sweet to see.  Please send us a shot

On 1/8/2022 at 6:43 PM, GBrad said:

I think proof Jeffs would be right up your alley @GBrad Lots of varieties for you to search for.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, GBrad said:

Here you go Gbrad, sellers pictures. Not the best but S’s are not as nice as the 53 P and D.

F52E5951-9DA9-4800-A445-6474617BF2C6.jpeg

29253EA1-66D7-4E3D-BF30-A6771371BB60.jpeg