• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Older coin wrapping paper? Discontinued wrapper roll from String & Sons. Just thought it was neat.
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Opened up a stock bank roll of Nickels last night and found this packed between two coins in the roll.  Thought it was pretty neat for this to have made its way into a roll of coins.  Never really paid much attention to coin wrappers as I get 99% of my rolls from my local bank which are always wrapped tightly in new white LOOMIS paper rolls. On the flip side, buying "OBW" rolls from a third party, one has to be very cautious for a variety of reasons.  I did some research on what I could see and read on this shard of paper.  It was produced by String and Sons in Harrisburg, PA (50 Cents of Pennies).  It is currently a discontinued product per their website but that's all I could come up with. Just wondering how old this paper roll may be. It is extremely fragile and thin paper.  Not a big deal at all but I still found it interesting and thought I'd share it with the group.  

IMG_2679.jpg

That paper roll is very recent. String and Sons was literally next door to my precinct’s polling place when I lived in Harrisburg, PA. Now Dallas Cowboys rookie Micah Parsons lived across the street. Then he played for Harrisburg High. As far as I know, String is either still running, or COVID shut down.