• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low ball eisenhower dollar
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Why did the 1974-S silver proof make it into the list, but no other proof coins,clad or silver, are on it. ONLY circulation strikes and business strikes I was under the impression  were allowed in the low ball registry? now with the new coin allowed , shooting my avg to hell, with the reverse scoring and sticking the proof 69 in my lowball set, that I need to remove now, but not out of inventory. Was it just an error that the silver proof  was included in the low ball set, or was it just another wrench in  the gears? Don't know where else to ask this pertinent  question, hope that you can shed some light, it now seems like silver proofs are included? Am I going to need more coins to have the complete set now, or, I'm not really sure  what's going on. Yours Scott

Scott, I think Blake has it just right....it's a mistake.  I saw your post, got curious and took a look at the Circulated Coins Only side of the U.S. Registry.  I checked the Morgan Dollar set and the 20 Cents set because I know for a fact impaired proofs of the 1895 Morgan Dollar and the 1877 and 1878 20 Cents exist.  I've seen impaired proofs of the 1877 and 1878 20 Cents live and in person.  There are no spots for any of those coins in the the Circulated Only Morgan Dollar or the Circulated Only 20 Cents sets.  This, to me, definitely backs up the theory that the inclusion of the 1974-S Silver Proof in the Ike set is a boo boo.  Hopefully, someone at NGC will see your post and get that fixed up.  

• Administrator
On 12/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Nultes said:

Why did the 1974-S silver proof make it into the list, but no other proof coins,clad or silver, are on it. ONLY circulation strikes and business strikes I was under the impression  were allowed in the low ball registry? now with the new coin allowed , shooting my avg to hell, with the reverse scoring and sticking the proof 69 in my lowball set, that I need to remove now, but not out of inventory. Was it just an error that the silver proof  was included in the low ball set, or was it just another wrench in  the gears? Don't know where else to ask this pertinent  question, hope that you can shed some light, it now seems like silver proofs are included? Am I going to need more coins to have the complete set now, or, I'm not really sure  what's going on. Yours Scott

Hello, Scott. We checked this set and slot and do not see any PROOF coins. Is there another set to which you are referring? Thank you. 

Category: Circulated Coins Only
Set Name: Eisenhower Dollars, 1971-1978, Circulated Coins Only
Slot Name: 1974-S