• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 d penny error

5 posts in this topic

I been trying to study the errors preciate it the links I'm think I finally got one 

Would this be Double die or double strike on obverse , you can tell by the nose and his mouth plus his coat and between the word" liberty" would that be considered a die crack?

Reverse has doubling also 

Plus look on the middle right side of the memorial stairs I believe that's president lincoln

Picture_20212409082401.jpg

Picture_20211509081526.jpg

Picture_20211309081344.jpg

Picture_20211509081526.jpg

Edited by Dejone Maxwell

Hey Dejone. I'm glad you've been reading up on some of the links that were supplied to you, good job.  Unfortunately, I think you have a normal Cent here that has some dents, dings, PMD and such.  I'm not seeing anything in your pics that look like doubling.  Your close up pics are too blurry to tell anything.  The line under LIBERTY doesn't look consistent with a die crack IMHO.  Resembles more of a linear plating bubble.

Edited by GBrad

Your photos are far too blurry and out of focus for us to really answer your questions with complete accuracy.   However from what I can make out it looks like you have an very worn cent with some minor strike doubling or die erosion, and perhaps some plating blisters.    I see nothing in the photos that looks anything like an error or variety. 

On 12/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, Coinbuf said:

Your photos are far too blurry and out of focus for us to really answer your questions with complete accuracy.   However from what I can make out it looks like you have an very worn cent with some minor strike doubling or die erosion, and perhaps some plating blisters.    I see nothing in the photos that looks anything like an error or variety. 

I agree....the photos are quite poor. We really need much clearer photos and photos of the whole coin, not just these extreme zoom-ins and blowups.  Those without photos of the entire coin to place what we're seeing into context are next to useless.  I also agree that it's not a variety nor an error.  I think it has some machine doubling, plating blisters and post minting damage.