• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 6:12 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

Very nice finds! I really like the 97, from the pics it appears to be a sharp looking coin.

Yes the 1897 was a real clean looking coin for a MS 64 it has a couple of very light marks that I think may have held it back from being graded a MS 65 but looking at it with my loupe the doubled 1  the pit marks on the back and the patina really caught my eye. I could not pass on these coins for that price. They are Both VAM'S the 1899 has open 9's.  Now if I could find a 1895 and 1896 for that price I will be real happy..;)   

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 12/3/2021 at 5:45 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Nice Morgan JP ! pretty soon you'll have them all and there wont be any left for us LOL. As or the VAM, wouldn't you thin PCGS would have noticed that if so?

I don't know if you have to have them check for varieties or if they just do it automatically. I just (haha well not just, Nov 5th) sent in my 1887 Suspected VAM 3 and hoping for a good outcome. 

Not sure how other TPGs work but with NGC you have to select the variety or error box before they will list it on the holder. Its an additional $15 to do so. If it is a variety they reconize and its not listed on the holder then whoever submitted it probably didnt pay for the variety plus service.