• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Libertad release dates

21 posts in this topic

Ive looked at some Libertads on Ebay and I really like the design. Ive never bought anything besides US coins but, Im thinking about venturing into foreign coins. Ill probably start with a Libertad. Also like the Australlian bullion coins with the animals and spiders and things on them. 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:02 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

If you're going to get a Libertad, one Libertad, I'd get one pre 96 with the old design. I like both the new and old designs, I have both, but the older coins have WAY better luster. A Libertad with eye popping luster is a thing to behold.

Thank you for the help. I dont know nothing about them where I havent really researched them or anything. I just happened to see them on here one time and I enjoyed the design. I looked at very few of them on Ebay. I will set my sights on one pre 96 when the time comes I add one into my collection. 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Thank you for the help. I dont know nothing about them where I havent really researched them or anything. I just happened to see them on here one time and I enjoyed the design. I looked at very few of them on Ebay. I will set my sights on one pre 96 when the time comes I add one into my collection. 

Libertads are cool, Hog.  I have a great looking 1982 myself.  That seems to be one of the best years for them appearance-wise.  I'd say the best ones are 1982, 1983, 1985, 1987 and 1988.  1988 is a tough one to find, though.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:04 PM, Mohawk said:

Libertads are cool, Hog.  I have a great looking 1982 myself.  That seems to be one of the best years for them appearance-wise.  I'd say the best ones are 1982, 1983, 1985, 1987 and 1988.  1988 is a tough one to find, though.

That is probably the year Im going to go for. Its my birthyear. I looked at several 1982 libertads on Ebay just while ago.  There were some very nice ones on there. Here in a few weeks im gonna try to get one. 

On 11/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, Hoghead515 said:

That is probably the year Im going to go for. Its my birthyear. I looked at several 1982 libertads on Ebay just while ago.  There were some very nice ones on there. Here in a few weeks im gonna try to get one. 

Very cool, Hog.  My sister's birthyear is 1982 as well.  I think you'll be quite happy with the quality of a 1982 Libertad.....they have good strikes and good luster.  I know I love mine!

On 11/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, Mohawk said:

Very cool, Hog.  My sister's birthyear is 1982 as well.  I think you'll be quite happy with the quality of a 1982 Libertad.....they have good strikes and good luster.  I know I love mine!

They were thicker with less diameter then.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:31 PM, Laura N said:

So is eBay the best place to purchase them?

It can be a good place, but if you are just starting out a local shop, club or show would probably be the best place to start. Are you looking for something in particular? 

2021's are already out, and have been for a few months, 2022's probably won't be released well into next year.

I’m still looking for the 2oz reverse proof.  I thought they would be out by now but haven’t seen any in the market

On 11/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

It can be a good place, but if you are just starting out a local shop, club or show would probably be the best place to start. Are you looking for something in particular? 

2021's are already out, and have been for a few months, 2022's probably won't be released well into next year.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, Laura N said:

I’m still looking for the 2oz reverse proof.  I thought they would be out by now but haven’t seen any in the market

I'm not sure about that one, don't see it anywhere. Still a few months left for them to release it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't produce any either. 

On 11/19/2021 at 4:31 PM, Laura N said:

So is eBay the best place to purchase them?  

There are some really good sellers on Ebay. Also some bad actors. If you decide to purchase one from there check out the feedback and make sure its a reputable dealer. If you have any doubts you can post pics of the ones you are thinking about buying on here and the wonderful people on here can help you out. If your not sure if one is not genuine or cleaned or anything like that. 

You've got some nice Libs there, James!! Which design do you prefer; the 1982-1995 design or the 1996-present design?  Myself, I'm 1980's design all the way!

Wow those 2 ounce RPs are up there!! I did not know that but I'm not surprised.  Lots of demand for reverse proof stuff, based on my observations.  And as far as modern series go, Libertads are still some of the most beautiful going, even without the 1980's design.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:09 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Last year I was passing on the 2oz reverse proof at $175. Guess I missed that jump. But my $12 Silver prospectors    (Engelhard) made life bare able 🙃

WOW!!! Those did jump, didn't they?  This isn't the first time I've heard of Libertads going crazy in my 22 years of doing this.....you may still get your chance at a better price.  A lot of things are priced crazily right now because there's so much money going into certain areas of the hobby at the moment and Libertads tend to be one of those things people gravitate toward in markets like these..  Those prospectors are pretty cool, too, and you can't beat that price!!