• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Japanese 100 Yen coin set

7 posts in this topic

I am recommending the addition of a new Japanese 100 Yen set: the Tokyo Olympics and Tokyo Paralympics. In total there are 20 coins: 13 Olympics and 7 Paralympics, dated 2018. 2019 and 2020.  I have all 20 and hope NGC will create this set for collectors like myself. Thank you, M Wayne Williams

• Administrator
On 10/26/2021 at 11:11 AM, M Wayne said:

I am recommending the addition of a new Japanese 100 Yen set: the Tokyo Olympics and Tokyo Paralympics. In total there are 20 coins: 13 Olympics and 7 Paralympics, dated 2018. 2019 and 2020.  I have all 20 and hope NGC will create this set for collectors like myself. Thank you, M Wayne Williams

Hello, Wayne, and thanks for your interest. We will create a competitive commemorative 100 Yen MS set and a Commem. 100 Yen PF set in the next few weeks. If you would like a set strictly for Olympic coins, you may create a Custom NGC Registry Set.

Sorry, not the answer I was expected.  I am not interested in creating a Custom NGC Registry Set. I am wanting to expand the number of Registry Sets for Japan and hopefully increase interest from other collectors.

Earlier, I requested a coin be added to the 100 Yen Type Set, 1957-Date, Mint State Set. It was incorrectly added to slot #10: 1990-DATE CHERRY BLOSSOM. I have corrected it by removing the coin from that slot. In light of that incorrect action, I am suggesting three changes be made to the 100 Yen Type Set, 1957-Date, Mint State Set. First, Slot #10: 1990-2019 CHERRY BLOSSOM. That is the Heisei era/period which ended in 2019. Second, the addition of slot #11 2019 Cherry Blossom. This is the first year of the Raiwa era/period. Finally, the addition of slot #12: 2020 - DATE Cherry Blossom. This is the continuation of the Reiwa era/period coinage.

Thank you for your attention,

M Wayne 

• Administrator
On 10/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, M Wayne said:

Sorry, not the answer I was expected.  I am not interested in creating a Custom NGC Registry Set. I am wanting to expand the number of Registry Sets for Japan and hopefully increase interest from other collectors.

Earlier, I requested a coin be added to the 100 Yen Type Set, 1957-Date, Mint State Set. It was incorrectly added to slot #10: 1990-DATE CHERRY BLOSSOM. I have corrected it by removing the coin from that slot. In light of that incorrect action, I am suggesting three changes be made to the 100 Yen Type Set, 1957-Date, Mint State Set. First, Slot #10: 1990-2019 CHERRY BLOSSOM. That is the Heisei era/period which ended in 2019. Second, the addition of slot #11 2019 Cherry Blossom. This is the first year of the Raiwa era/period. Finally, the addition of slot #12: 2020 - DATE Cherry Blossom. This is the continuation of the Reiwa era/period coinage.

Thank you for your attention,

M Wayne 

Hello, M. Wayne.

Please see our initial comments, above. We are creating two new competitive sets. Thank you for your feedback on the Type Set. We have not yet graded any varieties for 2019 and have no mention of a variety distinction for 2020, either. If we grade varieties in the future which denote some sort of distinction, then we can add separate slot(s) to the type set at that time. Thank you.

Thank you so much for the two new competitive 100 yen sets! I have added my 2020 Tokyo Olympic coins to the MS set. It seems that there are some duplicate slots that do not exist and need to be deleted. I have added all 20 of the Olympic coins, there are no others in existence so, the slots without Olympic coins can be removed.  I will now focus on getting the Shinkansen coins, that is an awesome challenge. Again, I thank you very much.

Pertaining to the 100 Yen Type Set, 1957-Date, Mint State Set. The 100 Yen coin I initially requested added is from the new Reiwa era/period. It was added to the 1990-Date Cherry Blossom slot and is clearly identified as R2 (Reiwa year two). I have a Reiwa Year 1 or first year coin that I plan to send in to NGC for grading in the near future.  Again, I am suggesting that the R2 100 yen coin be removed from inclusion in slot #10 and two new slots be created: Slot #11 Reiwa year one (2019) and Slot #12 Reiwa year 2 on (2020 - Date).For reference the R@ 100 Yen coin certification number is 2860893-003. I hope this helps, Thank you once again, M Wayne

• Administrator
On 11/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, M Wayne said:

Thank you so much for the two new competitive 100 yen sets! I have added my 2020 Tokyo Olympic coins to the MS set. It seems that there are some duplicate slots that do not exist and need to be deleted. I have added all 20 of the Olympic coins, there are no others in existence so, the slots without Olympic coins can be removed.  I will now focus on getting the Shinkansen coins, that is an awesome challenge. Again, I thank you very much.

Pertaining to the 100 Yen Type Set, 1957-Date, Mint State Set. The 100 Yen coin I initially requested added is from the new Reiwa era/period. It was added to the 1990-Date Cherry Blossom slot and is clearly identified as R2 (Reiwa year two). I have a Reiwa Year 1 or first year coin that I plan to send in to NGC for grading in the near future.  Again, I am suggesting that the R2 100 yen coin be removed from inclusion in slot #10 and two new slots be created: Slot #11 Reiwa year one (2019) and Slot #12 Reiwa year 2 on (2020 - Date).For reference the R@ 100 Yen coin certification number is 2860893-003. I hope this helps, Thank you once again, M Wayne

Hello, and thank you for the information. The other slots are Paralympic coins. (You may find the Paralympic coins on the internet.) Since you requested the separate slots prior to the November 1st, 10 am deadline, we have added the separate slots to the type set now.