• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 d small date copper penny

12 posts in this topic

I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I just got into the collection of coins and I dont know how to do everything that was required for coins.  But after all the time and Google it will seem like a great chance of luck.  I found a 1982 d small date  copper  penny.  The first problem is that i dont know what the best way to go about it is to get the ball rolling on the selling of the find. 

20211018_204111.jpg

20211018_204038.jpg

20211018_204055.jpg

On 10/24/2021 at 11:07 PM, VKurtB said:

Just one problem - it’s not a small date; it’s a large date. 

Thanks for the info and I will definitely be the first to say that I really didn't know much about this and it will make part of a nice  copper  ball in all. But I take it i read the aliment of the two  backwards and again I apologize for the inconvenience 

20211025_005254.jpg

20211025_005245.jpg

On 10/24/2021 at 11:59 PM, Tacy said:

Thanks for the info and I will definitely be the first to say that I really didn't know much about this and it will make part of a nice  copper  ball in all. But I take it i read the aliment of the two  backwards and again I apologize for the inconvenience 

20211025_005254.jpg

20211025_005245.jpg

Don’t worry about it. You aren’t the first, and you won’t be the last. They really are not out there waiting to be found.

There literally are more than 10 people who have hit multiple million dollar plus lottery wins. One lady has done it four times. There are TWO 1982-D small date copper cents.

Think about the implications of this.

On 10/25/2021 at 12:59 PM, VKurtB said:

There literally are more than 10 people who have hit multiple million dollar plus lottery wins. One lady has done it four times. There are TWO 1982-D small date copper cents.

Think about the implications of this.

And I think I need to add this from the other thread where you and I were discussing this, Kurt, so the OP sees it.  To the OP...there are two 1982-D copper small dates known 39 years after they were struck.  In contrast, there are 32 reasonably complete, well preserved adult skeletons of Tyrannosaurus Rex known 66 million years after they went extinct.  If you go by a sheer numbers game, you have a better chance of finding a 33rd reasonably complete and well preserved Tyrannosaurus than a third 1982-D copper small date cent.  

Edited by Mohawk

On 10/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

Thats just depressing!!!

For people seeking a 1982-D copper small date, I would certainly agree with that statement.  As for me, I'd rather find the Tyrannosaurus.  However, in New York, I'd be more likely to find a Tyrannosaurus' Eastern cousin Appalachiosaurus.  T. Rex was an animal of Western North America..  Here's an Appalachiosaurus  Isn't his feather mohawk spectacular?

Similar Dinosaur, Appalachiosaurus, Reptile, Eotyrannus, - Dryptosaurus  Dinosaur - Free Transparent PNG Download - PNGkey

Edited by Mohawk
I misspelled the name of my local Tyrannosaur. I am having a stupid day.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:34 PM, Mohawk said:

For people seeking a 1982-D copper small date, I would certainly agree with that statement.  As for me, I'd rather find the Tyrannosaurus.  However, in New York, I'd be more likely to find a Tyrannosaurus' Eastern cousin Appalachiasaurus.  T. Rex was an animal of Western North America..  Here's an Appalachiasaurus  Isn't his feather mohawk spectacular?

Similar Dinosaur, Appalachiosaurus, Reptile, Eotyrannus, - Dryptosaurus  Dinosaur - Free Transparent PNG Download - PNGkey

Ill be damned, hillbilly dinosaurs. Whod a thunk it?

On 10/26/2021 at 6:35 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

Ill be damned, hillbilly dinosaurs. Whod a thunk it?

I don't know how he'd feel about being called a hillbilly....but maybe he'd like it.  Or maybe he was more of a punk dinosaur.  But since he looks like this now, I don't think we need to worry about upsetting him.  A six-mile wide meteor cleaned him with some Goof-Off long, long ago:

Dinosaurs - Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis - The Australian Museum

Edited by Mohawk