• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectors of Carson City - One from ATS worth reading.

4 posts in this topic

Which is one of the reasons we have advocated for roughly  the past 15 years for PCGS to follow NGC's lead and post images of every coin they certify.  Ever since the fake slabs first appeared back in 2007 the counterfeiters have been using genuine serial numbers.  When collectors check the serial numbers it comes back that a coin of that date and mint has been certified with that number, but that doesn't mean the coin in hand is the coin they certified.  Images of the coin they certified allows you to compare it to the coin in hand to try an make sure it is the same coin and not a fake slab.  Every coin NGC has slabbed in the past 15 years is imaged.  Only a tiny fraction of PCGS coins are imaged.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, Conder101 said:

Only a tiny fraction of PCGS coins are imaged.

This is one of the reasons I sent all my Carson City coins, PCGS slabbed, back to PCGS and got them Gold Shield reholdered.  I got all of them done and that True View.