• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2007 Wyoming P errors?

8 posts in this topic

Hello I recently discovered my 1999-2008 quarter collectors book. I have a Wyoming quarter that struck me as alittle bit odd and wanted to see if anyone had any insight on the photos and see if these are errors. I was unable to outline the area of question on the quarter so I will try my best to explain. 
image.thumb.jpeg.cc3a5585b6907eccaa92f95033830e86.jpeg
bottom of Washington’s head 
image.thumb.jpeg.4df7c7b9f37e9bb04c33b95d2c206c72.jpegOn the leg of the horse

image.thumb.jpeg.5e27b8d444c20a7fdfa0f234fc21bc82.jpeg

Now I know everyone on this forum can take this with a grain of salt but the mark on the horses mane isn’t a stain of any nature the have been stored and kept to wear they wouldn’t be damaged or tampered with. Any information will help since I am fairly un knowledgeable with errors and what not. I am picking the hobby back up and would love some knowledge about this coin and coins to come. Thank you! 

Edited by Dhoffman219

So there isn’t a possibly of rarity here? I’m not doubting what’s being said I just know they were circulated but my grandfather got them pretty early into circulation. I have some circulated Wyoming quarters now we’re the horses leg is completely smooth and others that have a very faint scuff in the exact same spot. Like I said I’m new to this scene I’m not doubting for one second I’m over looking into this I just want to get opinions. Thank you!

On 10/3/2021 at 7:09 PM, Greenstang said:

No chance of it being rare, It is worth 25 cents. Damage adds no value to a coin.

This exactly.  If I had that quarter, it would go into my laundry fund.  It's just a damaged example of a very common coin.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, Dhoffman219 said:

Thank you for the feed back gents

No problem.  I'm sorry the news wasn't better, though.  But if you're interested in coins, keep looking!! There are good things out there to be found with persistence.